Cant decide....

KnightOwl

I just hate the bullit style wheels on anything modern. Or chrome, but that’s another day lol

Can I get another pukin' smilie-face? LOL (I assume this goes wrong on so many levels) :lol:

IMG_1197%20wllppr-M.jpg

As much as I loved this car even I can admit the chrome is a bit much. Probably the only thing saving it is the black paint.

Can I get another pukin' smilie-face? LOL (I assume this goes wrong on so many levels) :lol:

IMG_1197%20wllppr-M.jpg

As much as I loved this car even I can admit the chrome is a bit much. Probably the only thing saving it is the black paint.

I can’t get over how much this car looks like a GTO at first glance.
  • Like 1

Most people that do the old school muscle look usually get Mustang Bullitt wheels and call it a day. Wouldn't be a bad idea if you can find a cheap set, but it's definitely something commonly done.

Well, as for me I don't follow the crowd, but if you've a Ford Ranger (such as I do) they actually look pretty decent on those trucks,

but these Ford wheels really are knock-offs of the original American Racing Wheels Torque-Thrust wheel that debuted back in 1963.

That wheel in either a brushed gun metal grey hub or the silver hub is still my favourite wheel and they look good on just about everything..

american-racing-torq-thrust-original-pai

• Like 1

These were 17x8 Anthracite Bullitts I had on my 2011 convertible. They were +34 so they would fit the GP, but alas, they went with the car when I sold it. I really liked the metallic finish of the gray spokes and the polished lip. 55trucker is spot on, they are AR Torque-Thrust wheels. I was never really a huge fan of this finish, but on this car I thought they worked well.

DaytonaShore-M.jpg

This car belonged to a member of the GP.net message board that I met at Texas Motor Speedway. This was a set of used Mustang wheels he picked up off eBay but I thought the effect on the car was pretty great.

AustinGTP_bullitts-M.jpg

This car belonged to a member of the GP.net message board that I met at Texas Motor Speedway. This was a set of used Mustang wheels he picked up off eBay but I thought the effect on the car was pretty great.

AustinGTP_bullitts-M.jpg

Nice car, nice wheels

AustinGTP_bullitts-M.jpg

Sometimes simple is better. I'd personally go this route, but at the end of the day it's your car.

I have to admit after looking at 55truckers sig picture, I am seriously re-thinking going with a white wheel/ polished lip. I think a white car is the only thing that can pull that look off. I'm also thinking one of the things that makes a white accent wheel look so horrible in pictures (off the car) is how the entire back surface of the wheel is also white. I'm thinking the simple insertion of a cardboard disc before mounting, and spraying the back of the wheel in flat black would take away some of the eye-burn. You don't see any of that on the GP in that picture because the mesh design effectively hides it. They would still be a challenge to keep clean but would be a strong accent, and not as blingy as full chrome.

Just thinking out loud...maybe some photoshop images are in order....

I wonder if a second Gen could pull off X-Laces? That could go either way I suppose.

That was my plan, but I couldn't find clean x-laces. I settled for the 5-spokes instead:

https://i.imgur.com/O09JOyj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TovCF1N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/foeLfAo.jpg

Edit: There was a white grand prix with white "first gens" as well, I gotta look for the picture. here it is:

https://i.imgur.com/7o5ZCfR.jpg

I have to admit after looking at 55truckers sig picture, I am seriously re-thinking going with a white wheel/ polished lip. I think a white car is the only thing that can pull that look off. I'm also thinking one of the things that makes a white accent wheel look so horrible in pictures (off the car) is how the entire back surface of the wheel is also white. I'm thinking the simple insertion of a cardboard disc before mounting, and spraying the back of the wheel in flat black would take away some of the eye-burn. You don't see any of that on the GP in that picture because the mesh design effectively hides it. They would still be a challenge to keep clean but would be a strong accent, and not as blingy as full chrome.

Just thinking out loud...maybe some photoshop images are in order....

When I did my wheels I didn't paint the back portion of the wheels white, they are painted with Duplicolor silver metallic wheel paint. I needed something on there to help protect the bare alloy, this filled the bill.

And yesssssss........these wheels are a handful to keep clean, every car wash I get out the toothbrush & scrub them, when the car gets a wax job out comes the tapered polish cones chucked into a drill to polish them.

Less one drives the car the cleaner the wheels stay :D  

I wonder if a second Gen could pull off X-Laces? That could go either way I suppose.

Why not?

Bonny SSEi's were fitted with them, altho those wheels were the same Gen 2 platform but 16x7, not the Gen 1 W 16x8's

1994-pontiac-bonneville-8.jpg

I don't think they have to be the mesh design as long as the back of the rim is dark and the wheel lip is polished or chrome. I cant see Odi's pics here at work but I will check them out tonight. I still remember seeing that SSEi at the car show when it was new, and I thought to myself, "See, you can make big sedan sporty!" It was a cool car then and still is now.

These are really close to the factory design...White Lace

These are a bit more Euro...White Diamond

These are silver/polished...AVID1 But I'm not crazy about the way the spokes knuckle backward at the rim.

These aren't bad looking, not white, but a good price....G-LINE

These are pricey, and chrome, but kinda cool and still have a dish...HOT LAP

Why not?

Bonny SSEi's were fitted with them, altho those wheels were the same Gen 2 platform but 16x7, not the Gen 1 W 16x8's

1994-pontiac-bonneville-8.jpg

Her SSEI has them. I didn't realize they were a different width, they call for the same tire size as my GP wheels. I think it's 225/60/16 but it's been a while since I got all those Yokohamas

Whatever I choose it will definitely be aftermarket wheels because I want the 18in so I can run the 245/45/18 tires like I had on my 2001. I loved the way the size looked without being over-big and the handling vastly improved. Good shock/struts and sway bars combined with the fat tires should make for real ramp burner! :dance:  :cool:

That was my plan, but I couldn't find clean x-laces. I settled for the 5-spokes instead:

https://i.imgur.com/O09JOyj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TovCF1N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/foeLfAo.jpg

Edit: There was a white grand prix with white "first gens" as well, I gotta look for the picture. here it is:

https://i.imgur.com/7o5ZCfR.jpg

This really makes me want to try thecset I have on the 06