Winter Wheels on the TGP

god910

Well, I don't know if I already posted this or not, but I got the winter wheels on the TGP. They're actually starting to grow on me and I'm thinking about keeping them on there next summer. I can tell you that the cutty doesn't look so hot w/ silver crosslaces on it. Click on the WWW and check them out. I couldn't get very good pics of them, but I will get better one's when I can take the car back outside. (Stupid snow)

I just left the stock wheels on mine and added four studded snow tires. They don't salt the roads here in Idaho, so I suspect the gold wheels will be fine. I debated replacing the stock wheels with something else during the winter, but the high price made the decision for me. Interestingly, these TGPs track really well on snow and ice as long as you have good snow tires.

Yeah, the reason those rims are on there is because it's garaged winters. I didn't want to tear those wheels up (17" A/R's... Last winter I had to fix 3 of them twice) Since my TGP wheels have already lost there gold color (they were painted silver by the p/o) I don't mind if they get messed up driving 60 miles a day to and from work. I'm wit cho Jim, I drove the car over here not even raining, just wet pavement from my parents house. As soon as I hit 1500 RPM it's all over with. Wet, I can light em up in 3rd at will, and 4th & 5th w/ a little boost.