Grandprix1's Top Swap parts list

Grandprix1

Yes, I saw that.

The issue comes with connecting it into the existing nylon lines. If you want to do it the most proper way and put a inline splice, but the factory lines are too ridgid to do without a special tool to force it in. I have seen one way external connectors though, that could work. I've just never experimented with them.

What do you guys think about coupling nylon fuel hose with pneumatic push lock couplers?

I'm going to have the same fuel line routing issue on the Lesabre.

F7715116-01.jpg

What is the special tool called for putting the fuel lines into the connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone recommend valve covers for the swap. I want to get the revised ones so I don't have to worry about them leaking

What is the special tool called for putting the fuel lines into the connection

You don't need a special tool for the Dorman one, at least I've never seen anyone use them.

Can someone recommend valve covers for the swap. I want to get the revised ones so I don't have to worry about them leaking

The valve covers aren't cheap.  Just go get L67 ones from the yard.  They're not going to leak with new gaskets.

What do you guys think about coupling nylon fuel hose with pneumatic push lock couplers?

I'm going to have the same fuel line routing issue on the Lesabre.

F7715116-01.jpg

Hmm. I've never seen those before.  Maybe someone else can chime in.

I used rtv instead of valve cover gaskets. Have never had one leak

But then you can't remove the valve cover lol

Use valve cover gaskets.

That was the plan. Prepping the heads now. Graphite gaskets. These are gonna take a while

And I'm going to move this thread to Powertrain since its far more a Powertrain thread then a For Sale thread.

When it comes time to actually buy things, post a specific thread. It will keep the noise down.

And I'm going to move this thread to Powertrain since its far more a Powertrain thread then a For Sale thread.

When it comes time to actually buy things, post a specific thread. It will keep the noise down.

Ok that's fine. This was supposed to be a parts thread but turned into a more detailed version of the top swap portion of the cars thread in members rides

Well some bad news... My parents are making me stop the swap and sell the parts or else I have to pay for college myself... Im not happy about this but I don't want to pay for college either...