need help with cutlass stereo install

darklotus42

okay so im putting a new HU in my 1995 cutlass with the uq3 6 speaker sytem. i got a sony cdx-gt705dx and i got the scosche gm035 wiring harness. i got everything wired up and first i try the set up without the factory amp connected. and only the front left speakers works and not very well...then i try with the amp connected and i get front left speaker working and only low end signal with lots of background noise in the two rears. front right speaker nvr comes on. i know that these speakers are wired all weird and the ohms are way over spec for this HU is there any easy way i can get these working with out having to rewire all the speakers? also should i keep the rear speakers wired up with both sets of connections or should i unplug one. is there a way i could rewire the factory amp plug to complete the speaker circuits normally?

okay so im putting a new HU in my 1995 cutlass with the uq3 6 speaker sytem. i got a sony cdx-gt705dx and i got the scosche gm035 wiring harness. i got everything wired up and first i try the set up without the factory amp connected. and only the front left speakers works and not very well...then i try with the amp connected and i get front left speaker working and only low end signal with lots of background noise in the two rears. front right speaker nvr comes on. i know that these speakers are wired all weird and the ohms are way over spec for this HU is there any easy way i can get these working with out having to rewire all the speakers? also should i keep the rear speakers wired up with both sets of connections or should i unplug one. is there a way i could rewire the factory amp plug to complete the speaker circuits normally?

Wish I could be of more assistance to you, but I can only suggest what I do when I am upgrading older cars with the latest and greatest. Call Crutchfield and see if they can help you. They know what works right, and what adapters, speakers, wiring, and etc. that you need. Crutchfield has always done right by me.

http://www.crutchfield.com/

Find What Fits Your Car: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WQBk3MNbRK4/car/carselector.aspx

crutchfield doesnt really have any info concerning UQ3 setup. and yes this option does have a factory amp along with 2 rear 6x9 'dual voice coil' 10 ohm speakers , 2 -5.25" speakers with 2 tweeters up front . speakers are wired up very strangely i cant really describe it by looking at the diagram...and yeah concert sound is only buick and also has an amp along with equalizer and seperate reciever unit hidden under pass. dash. and has 2 rear 6x9s 2 speakers in door and 2 4x6s in dash...but at least those are wired up in normal circuits..