04 Grand prix GT sways

04gt

hey guys, my 04 grand prix started to sway a few weeks ago around 80-100kmh my tires had some play so i changed bearings ball joints tierods and sway links and even bought a new set of tires, im one of those guys with the infamous abs traction control messed up as well so im starting to think maybe now i got everything new and tightened up that im feeling the sway because traction control is off? or am i maybe due for some struts? they seem ok they dont klunk when i hit bumps and they release to original position quickly when i push down on the car, any ideas?

• 2 months later...

If your ABS/TC lights are both on it usually means you have a bad wheel bearing or one of the wheel sensors in the bearing isn't working. Without wheel speed input from all four wheels the ABS won't work and without functioning ABS, the TC won't work and the computer will turn the TC off automatically.

As for the swaying, if your front end is tight and you replaced all the tie rods, and ball joints, I'd look into the rear. For a FWD car, W-Bodies will still step out in the rear if everything isn't right. Check the trailing arms, because stock they're a shitty design and the rust and break over time. They're made of flimsy steel that's not even fully boxed. The bushings also wear out, they might even be bent, as inexperienced mechanics sometimes will jack the car up using them. Dorman makes them aftermarket, way cheaper than GMPP (if you can find them), BMR, or ZZP. They're made of square steel tubing. Part number is 905-501 for the pair. Beyond that check the rear sway links and bushings.