Will a gen 2 cradle bolt onto a Gen 1

tsilney

So looked but cant find a answer. Will a gen 2 cradle bolt in to a 95 vert? I wanna upgrade suspension and brakes and would be alot easier with the gen 2 cradle? Anyone swapped them? Whats needed? Assuming cradle, and everything attached, struts, control arms, etc? They are plentyful in the yards even the aluminum ones just wondering.

Not without some modification. And ur wheels will stick out. And they dont have mounts for the lq1

I know the lq1 mounts wont work. I am gonna swap a l67 in. Boo dont want the wheel sticking out. Oh well. Thanks.

Be about like impala brakes on a gp. Plus ive heard they dont warp as easy

Only car I've had that ate brakes was the Grand Am. Too bad we can't slap Camaro brakes on our 1 genners.

Only car I've had that ate brakes was the Grand Am. Too bad we can't slap Camaro brakes on our 1 genners.

pocket-rocket on 60V6 has a 92 Z34 that IIRC has front brakes from either a C4 or C5 corvette.... i can't remember which.

pocket-rocket on 60V6 has a 92 Z34 that IIRC has front brakes from either a C4 or C5 corvette.... i can't remember which.

That's not a bolt on mod at all is it? I know Divitar had to do some crazy shit to get his C6 brakes on.

That's not a bolt on mod at all is it? I know Divitar had to do some crazy shit to get his C6 brakes on.

I wish it was a bolt on mod..lol...I lm gonna be putting cts v brembos on front of the gtp and wanted to take the fbodies currently on the gtp to the vert but without the gen 2 spindles no dice for a bolt on.

IIRC Miko and others have to run F-body knuckles or spindles to get the Corvette parts to work. I`d love to take his car around the Nurburgring or at least ride shotgun.:dance:

Fbodies and the corvette brakes (simalar to fbodie ones) and the cts v brembos bolt right into a gen 2spindle. A 13inch rotor from a gt500 stang which has same bolt pattern..ss brake lines...done :)...hence why I wish I could get the gen 2 spindles on..would be sweet..his car is bad ass...ironically I bought his old 60lb injectors last year from that car...so its spirit now lives in my gtp..lmao...[emoji1]