1997 3800 monte 5 speed swap parts interchange parts list help

l67ss

Ok I have a standard 5 speed swap parts list for everything coming from a w......my prob is I havent found any 5 speed ws around me. Im wondering what other cars I can get parts from. I already know about all 88-92 ws having the right pedal box without the clutch pedal. Ive jheard you can use a cobalt/g5 clutch pedal(which I have) I have an s3 alloy pan from a gp, I have a reatta ofa(2 actually lol), I already have someone to machine a 3800 camaro flywheel for me. Any help or tips would b greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Im actually reaching the point of saying f@×$ it and grab an early 90s cavalier 282 and swapping that in. Theres a complete(minus shift knob lol) 93 cav z24 at a jy I go to that has a clean 282......

No. The gear ratios are different, intermediate shafts are different I believe. Better to find one from a W. But they will physically bolt up. Except for the Quad 4 I think.

No. The gear ratios are different, intermediate shafts are different I believe. Better to find one from a W. But they will physically bolt up. Except for the Quad 4 I think.

Maybe that's what I meant; itll bolt up but everything else is different :lol:

I knew of the gear ratios being different, when I said "similar", I meant the actual trans itself, not the interior components. I know the later 282s were retrofitted with electric stuff similar to the 4T60 and 4T60E.

and didn't the Q4 use a 282? I thought it was the F40 that wouldn't attach to where a 282 could....

Kinda thinkin along these lines......when whatever mtx trans I go with pops a cavalier/beretta 282 would b a lot easier to find as a replacement. Ive come across at least 10 2.8/3.1 282 cavaliers in the last yr or so in the jy. Ive seen 1 5 speed w in the jy in the last 2 decades.

Then youll need to find cables too because the ones from those cars are way to short.

This.

I said this in my 1st post. Also be aware of the sensors in between years.

I've heard of people having custom cables made, not sure if that would be something you could do

This.

I said this in my 1st post. Also be aware of the sensors in between years.

I've heard of people having custom cables made, not sure if that would be something you could do

Mebbe if I had a w cable for reference

I posted about getting custom cables made for w-bodies. part numbers and everything....

Guess no one really does read my posts :lol:

I prolly read it but as I was prolly balls deep in some other project it prolly didnt stick lol

I posted about getting custom cables made for w-bodies. part numbers and everything....

Guess no one really does read my posts :lol:

No, things go in the abyss when having these cars actually run becomes a thing.

The funny thing is that I've seen that thread numerous times. So I knew it was possible, I just didn't know if they still made em.