Oil Pressure Sensor (3100) Peeing Oil 2 questions

xschris

1) What is my best bet to avoid buying the specific tool I read you need to install these I read some spark plug tool fits, is it a for sure fit?

I just can't get down there enough to see anymore then the connector, so much oil. Thanks for any tips there!

2) Temp Fix: Can't I just put a 1/4th NPTF pipe socket with some teflon tape properly wrapped and then obtain tool + oil pressure switch? (I think I even have some in my tool box ~_~ otherwise a hardware store is walking distance, auto store is not.

I know I know terrible to bypass the oil pressure switch for a few days however I've been ill and using taxi cab has been expensive- I could save the cost of the tool if I do this hack job repair as a temp :D

The tool looks like a deepwell socket not unlike an O2 sensor socket, The size is 1"1/16. You do not need alot of torque on this, so you can probably break it loose and then finger loosen it out.

Teflon tape will be a disaster. When you remove whatever you installed with Teflon tape, the tape shreds. You must be EXTREMELY careful to get all the pieces back out of your oiling system, or they travel with the oil and plug up tiny passages--such as the lifters.

You are MUCH better-off to use a chemical (liquid) sealer than Teflon tape. My favorite is Loctite/Permatex "PST". There are three varieties, any one of the three will work very well for you.

#565, #567, and #592. 592 is probably the easiest to find at a parts store.

91I2uRbqrgL._SL1500_.jpg

I've used large impact sockets for this purpose, one of my metric ones is too large such that it is "loose" but has performed this task in a pinch very well.

I also do not use teflon tape, but I have a "Harvey pipe thread stick" I use it on many threaded sensors.