Bonni gxp rims on a gen 1 vert?

tsilney

Anyone put bonni gxp rims on a vert? If so any pictures..was looking for some 18s for the vert and I like the gxps and the 077s which I cannot find. Just not sure of the offset..I have bonni gxps on the gtp and didnt get a chance to try them.on the vert before winter and both the rims and the vert were packed away.

• 3 weeks later...

9af51c16630d3a850f9d11cb3176f156.jpg

Got these for the cutlass. they were a great deal deal and ouldnt pass them up...but they came with 235/50 18s with less than 500miles on them..little taller than what I want but will they be ok on a stock height vert?

Post a full pic of em...

But 50 tires won't be an issue. For every + size you're supposed to subtract 5 from the sidewall so no prob. The overall diameter might he off by a bit tho

9af51c16630d3a850f9d11cb3176f156.jpg

Got these for the cutlass. they were a great deal deal and ouldnt pass them up...but they came with 235/50 18s with less than 500miles on them..little taller than what I want but will they be ok on a stock height vert?

Get a full pic, but they should be fine, probably look great. Not a fan of the rivets, but I think it'll be fine :thumbsup:

Matt your old vert looked so clean.

Thanks man, I miss it. Needed some work, but was pretty clean

Havent picked them up yet. Get them tuesday. Ill take more pics when I get them. Ya im not a fan of the rivits either but wanted that gxp look and these were cheaper than gxp rims with tires so had to get them. They are chrome under the dip so will be taking the dip off as well.

These aren't Bonne GXP wheels, they're Alessio F1s which look very close. I had them bored out to fit, and they were 19s, but it should give you the idea :thumbsup:

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

How did you black out your tails? My vert is white and that looks awesome!!

If those are gunmetal then that looks hot! I don't much care for a black top on a white car, but I think those wheels will tie it together nicely! I blacked mine out with niteshades, but on cars since I've used the rustoleum tint or plasti dip

Not bad at all..

They sell tint film that you cut up and apply for your taillights. It's easier than VHT or any other spray on options, plus if you get harassed by the popo, you can peel it off. You also get a glossy look from it.

261b3bd61dc9abf3136c0261466162e2.jpg

0e9fdfe2bcc9e750877cea32917fa90d.jpg

So had to brave the 10 degree weather to see how one looked..and of course the offset is slightly off. I need a quarter inch spacer or less to clear those stupid baby calipers :(...Wish there was a brake upgrade but oh well.

Im not a fan of the black top either thats why I only really drive it when the tops down :)

It was hard to tell if it would stick.out. I never lowered it off jack. Gonna try a rear one today to see how it looks. I was thinking of grinding the caliper bracket as well but I think a 5mm spacer will be fine and not noticeable

It was hard to tell if it would stick.out. I never lowered it off jack. Gonna try a rear one today to see how it looks. I was thinking of grinding the caliper bracket as well but I think a 5mm spacer will be fine and not noticeable

I ran them even on the stock wheels just because why not. I think mine are like 5/16" or something like that. Small, but just enough to clear the caliper. My issue now is that I have one replaced stud on the front that I cant get the lugnut on because it's shorter :lol:

a51efaae7e4c7a538073d64946b46063.jpg

b3bd1c897ee0db6268d13235d76023f4.jpg

274eda996d849bc800aa9b556afe920e.jpg

Put one rear one on. Looks pretty good and they tuck in nice. the taller tires dont look to bad. The spacers should be perfect. Just ordered them...ugh cant wait till spring..and she needs a wash :(

Edited by tsilney

Agreed I think it looks sweet. Ordered the spacers. Tint is this summer along with lots of things to fix. Rust in the rear quarters, rubber seals replaced, leaking a little antifreeze, and some other stuff but the rims cost half of what I got the car for so.not complaining :). And.I have a spare l67 and 4t65 hd trans that will end up in her in the next 2 years.

but the rims cost half of what I got the car for so.not complaining :).

WOW, 2 Grand for wheels, seems like a lot. Lol. You must have got the car cheep.

They do look good on there.

WOW, 2 Grand for wheels, seems like a lot. Lol. You must have got the car cheep.

They do look good on there.

Lol..rims and were 400 :)..vert had a broken timing belt..great criagslist find..still needs work but it runs and drives and the family loves it.