Buick Century/Monte Carlo seat swap

v61st48

Was wondering if some 2000-2005 2nd Gen Monte Carlo seats will direct swap into my 2000 Buick Century 2nd Gen? I've found a great deal on some and I want to make sure they'll fit before I press the GO button.

Was wondering if some 2000-2005 2nd Gen Monte Carlo seats will direct swap into my 2000 Buick Century 2nd Gen? I've found a great deal on some and I want to make sure they'll fit before I press the GO button.

yes

2nd gen to 2nd gen, i can't imagine there being that much difference... all it takes to put 2nd gen seats into a 1st gen are two drilled holes, i would expect the MC seats to drop into the century.

2nd gen to 2nd gen, i can't imagine there being that much difference... all it takes to put 2nd gen seats into a 1st gen are two drilled holes, i would expect the MC seats to drop into the century.

I was always under the impression 2nd gen seats were a no go in 1st gens.

//Off Topic

Well the op only said seats. I assumed he wanted the rear seats as well, but the front seats of a Century should have the same track mounting spots as a Regal. We all know GM would be too cheap to manufacture 2 different floorpans for the same car. You can convert to buckets in a 1G without drilling new holes so that should pretty much tell you what you need to know about 2G's. You have a better change of the Grand Prix having a different floorpan than a Regal than a Century.

The original poster doesn't refer whether or not they are the front seats or the back seats. The front seats should bolt up no problem. I should try that between the Impala and Monte Carlo in the junkyard one day to verify. The rear seats are different in the Monte Carlo and Impala. I made the mistake of believing the rear seats interchange by simply adapting them, but you cannot make the backrest of the rear seat fit without major modifications. I have to figure out what those "mods" are, but as far as I can see, where the seat bolts down to the body will not sit flush in a 1G. The bottom foam (where you sit at in the back) DOES line up with the 2 holes that bolt in the seat, HOWEVER the cushion itself is about 3 or 4 inches too wide. You can push the whole seat into place, but you CANNOT bolt the backrest into place.

In my specific situation, the roof frame hits the seat.

I was always under the impression 2nd gen seats were a no go in 1st gens.

//Off Topic

The front seats can interchange, but they won't bolt in by using the stock frame for obvious reasons (the 2G's are only bolted in the back). There are ways around it, but it involves power tools.

The rears might interchange between the sedans (GP, Regal/Century, Intrigue, and Impala) but the Monte Carlo seats are not plug and play at all. I assume the 2G W GP coupe is the same as well.

Well the op only said seats. I assumed he wanted the rear seats as well, but the front seats of a Century should have the same track mounting spots as a Regal. We all know GM would be too cheap to manufacture 2 different floorpans for the same car. You can convert to buckets in a 1G without drilling new holes so that should pretty much tell you what you need to know about 2G's. You have a better change of the Grand Prix having a different floorpan than a Regal than a Century.

The original poster doesn't refer whether or not they are the front seats or the back seats. The front seats should bolt up no problem. I should try that between the Impala and Monte Carlo in the junkyard one day to verify. The rear seats are different in the Monte Carlo and Impala. I made the mistake of believing the rear seats interchange by simply adapting them, but you cannot make the backrest of the rear seat fit without major modifications. I have to figure out what those "mods" are, but as far as I can see, where the seat bolts down to the body will not sit flush in a 1G. The bottom foam (where you sit at in the back) DOES line up with the 2 holes that bolt in the seat, HOWEVER the cushion itself is about 3 or 4 inches too wide. You can push the whole seat into place, but you CANNOT bolt the backrest into place.

In my specific situation, the roof frame hits the seat.

The front seats can interchange, but they won't bolt in by using the stock frame for obvious reasons (the 2G's are only bolted in the back). There are ways around it, but it involves power tools.

The rears might interchange between the sedans (GP, Regal/Century, Intrigue, and Impala) but the Monte Carlo seats are not plug and play at all. I assume the 2G W GP coupe is the same as well.

the 4 door rear seats are slightly wider, by an inch or so

the 4 door rear seats are slightly wider, by an inch or so

each side or total? The M/C seat is 4 inches too wide for the vert. I might have to cut the frame off the backrest and custom make my own brackets to mount em.

each side or total? The M/C seat is 4 inches too wide for the vert. I might have to cut the frame off the backrest and custom make my own brackets to mount em.

never tried to swap rear seats on a vert

never tried to swap rear seats on a vert

I know, but that's the joy of the vert. A lot of things are vert specific and I get to be in uncharted waters. I know 5th gen seats swap all day long but 6th gens are like putting Caddy seats in the damn thing.

I've also come to learn that the 1st W's are more in line with the 2nd N bodies as far as interior dimensions go. An Alero backseat fits width wise but the mounting is completely different.