TGP IC pusher fan

Gibby

I've had poor luck with finding TGP fan motors. You may have to pull the motor and cross reference it to other ones and swap the blade onto a new motor. I just took my old one to a junkyard and walked around pulling fans and looking at what fit and what didn't

I've not yet needed to replace a IC fan, but FWIW a early 00s grand am 4 cyl fan motor and blade is a good replacement for the main TGP fan

• 4 weeks later...

Well this fan finally went, car started shaking in traffic, jumped out and saw that the intercooler fan was actually vibrating and shaking. Unplugged it, so now I am down a fan. Guess I will pull motor and see what I can match it up to

Was that fan motor salvaged off of the titanic? :joke:

The case is a little crusty, but a wire brush and a rattle can will fix that. They face forward into the rain . . if the paint chips off, rust happens. :-) It works fine. That's what counts.

The case is a little crusty, but a wire brush and a rattle can will fix that. They face forward into the rain . . if the paint chips off, rust happens. :-) It works fine. That's what counts.

I was just messing with you. :D I had a fan motor like that a while back off of a Taurus from a junkyard here that I pulled for a customer. I didn't bother cleaning it up, but I did spray it with some rust converter spray. A couple of months later, it still looks as good as it did when I sprayed it. It's in a car that's simply used for rural mail route delivery that gets beat on so they weren't really concerned with looks...but I sprayed it anyway because it was bothering ME to see it like that. :biggrin:

Looks good enough to me Dan, PM me what you want for it and I will get the money that way. Did you ever get your security switch??

I did. I can make it an even swap with the switch if that works for you. Just process a refund in paypal and all the fees will reverse, too. I'll ship it tomorrow. I'll get you a tracking number as soon as I print the label.

Should I assume you don't want the fan motor anymore? I saw a for sale thread. That kinda sucks. No worries if you don't want the motor, I'll just put it back in the box o parts. :)