Grand Prix p1655 code help

GTPer

I keep getting a p1655 code on my grand prix. EVAP Purge Solenoid Control Circuit. It comes on for a few days then goes off after a few days and all over again. Anyone know what might be the problem? At the auto parts store they said gas cap but that's what they always say on any EVAP code.

I had a similar problem on my GTP with the Evap system. I checked all connections, all the vacuum lines and nothing was wrong. Turned out my purge solenoid behind the plenum was bad and it wasnt venting the system properly. It is a cheap part and easy to replace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay so I finally replaced the EVAP Purge solenoid but now there's a weird "sparking" noise. The engine started to make that noise right after I replaced the solenoid. Is it normal? Car still pulls hard and everything so I'm not sure.

Did you crawl in the engine to replace that part? If you did check the spark plug wires. You could have pulled one loose and now it is sparking.

That is the only thing I can of.

Did you crawl in the engine to replace that part? If you did check the spark plug wires. You could have pulled one loose and now it is sparking.

That is the only thing I can of.

I don't think so the solenoid is all the way in the back and the wires up front but I'll check.