How do you you read obd 1.5

tsilney

Got a 95 vert and engine light just came on. From researching its an obd 1.5...my obd2 reader does not fit the plug. I have been researching and seems I need a special cable and reader just for this. What is the cheepest route to go to get.this read. Saw a post I can by a cable and get sodtware for my laptop..will that work? Its a lq1 motor as well I was reading.that may make a difference. Also abs light on will the same reader read that? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Any scan tool that WON'T connect to your vehicle is a piece of consumer-grade junk. Better to have a used-but-usable professional-grade scan tool than a brand-new worthless consumer-grade unit.

You can get an ALDL cable and download tuner pro. Works just as good as the basic scanners

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

You can get an ALDL cable and download tuner pro. Works just as good as the basic scanners

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Awesome..thanks..does that read abs codes as well?

Awesome..thanks..does that read abs codes as well?

I'm not too sure about it, RobertISaar would be the one to talk to about that. Hopefuly he chimes in this thread. If not, you can always PM him. He's a laid back dude.