Repainting ... need some help.

cryptnix

post-8857-143689166884_thumb.jpg

As much as I would like someone else todo the work... I need to know how to remove the bumpers, and side body effects so I can dump the remainder of my air craft remover on it...

As you can see, I was out in the sun when I was using the air craft remover... for obvious reasons. Anyhow, back on topic, anyone have any drawings for where the not-so-obvious bolts are?

Btw, it's a 3800 w/ an CSC for those of you that don't remember me.

post-8857-143689166917_thumb.jpg

post-8857-143689166919_thumb.jpg

I'm probably not back, back... still working my ass off while I'm young but trying to get this girl back to workable use. She's going orange to a dark maroon red w/ the same rims but the rims being a gloss black w/ a ton of clear.

post-8857-143689166873_thumb.jpg

post-8857-143689166895_thumb.jpg

post-8857-143689166903_thumb.jpg

post-8857-14368916691_thumb.jpg

Andrew! Wow it's been a while. New username? Anyway, I'm not much help, just thought I'd say hi

EDIT: Are you using the can of stripper? I tried the spray and it didn't work very well. I need to get a can since I hear it works better, need to refinish my 5 spokes for the 04

Edited by Psych0matt

The front bumper is easy to get off on a CS. There are 4 bolts on each side that mount to the fender. Then a bunch of clips that hold the light bar on to the bumper.

Rear bumper is a bit more tricky. There is a couple of bolts inside the trunk 2 on the trunk floor and 1 or 2 on the side back by the tail light. The other ones are a reach because they are behind the wheel well cover. The passenger side isn't to bad, but the driver side sucks because the damn Evap canister is in the way.

Awesome car, my first time seeing but I remember most. The part that sort of stumped me was the two bolts on either side a little below and behind the battery and ECM. It was just getting to them was all. I reached from up under the car while looing down into it, if that makes any since.

The side cladding is in 3 pieces, one small one in front of the door, one one the door and then the rear quarter panel/rocker panel cladding. he first one should be simple. The door cladding is going to be held on by plastic clips that like to break easily. Not sure about removing it. The rocker/quarter panel cladding has screws or bolts along the bottom side and has three plastic clips at the rear top of the cladding and also has a plastic tab that runs the length of the panel at the bottom that also clips is. Grab from the bottom and use sort of a rolling upward motion and they usually pop out. If you break some I grabbed several from the JY o IIRC someone one here made some out of metal.

Yeah, its me "cryptnix" forgot the password to that account and well that's the past now ;)

In any case, thanks for the input guys! Planning on removing a bit of the paint this weekend, and hopeful for primer so I can get some paint on it, and at least baby/enjoy it until end of fall and see if I can get money saved for a dyno tune.

I am using Air Craft remover, yes, and caking it on.

Edited by Andrew Lemstrom

Yeah, its me "cryptnix" forgot the password to that account and well that's the past now ;)

In any case, thanks for the input guys! Planning on removing a bit of the paint this weekend, and hopeful for primer so I can get some paint on it, and at least baby/enjoy it until end of fall and see if I can get money saved for a dyno tune.

I am using Air Craft remover, yes, and caking it on.

Welcome back. I've sent you a private message about your old account if you're interested in recovering it.

• 2 weeks later...