Lost Brake line diagram

dex_hamilton

Anybody know what brake lines go where on the master cylinder of a 92 lumina non ABS ? Drivers side front is still attached but i think i might have the rear brake lines crossed. It's a four port master cylinder.

The front brake lines go to the forward ports on the MC, the rears then go to the rear ports on the MC, it's hard to get them mixed up as the 4 lines are bent to specific angles pointing to each port.

If memory serves the 4 flare nuts are all unique to each port as well (don't quote me on that, it's been a looong time since I last pulled a W body MC).

Well thats the problem all of the brake lines were takin off the car and dismembered months ago... i dont know were the rear left or right go into the master cylinder and yes each port has its own nut size

Well thats the problem all of the brake lines were takin off the car and dismembered months ago... i dont know were the rear left or right go into the master cylinder and yes each port has its own nut size

Imho, do the smart thing, and spend $40 for the Dealer's Service Manual!!! :)

Or, ask on the forums, risk getting incorrect advice (often well meant, but people are human and do make mistakes), and have the car blow up, create a black hole, and destroy the universe. All because you think that beer, cable, etc are more important than a properly repaired vehicle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Chevrolet-Lumina-Service-Manual-ST-379-92-1-Book-1-of-2-Original/221454434033

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Chevrolet-Lumina-Service-Manual-St-379-92-2-Book-2-of-2-Original/221455274287

Imho, working on a car with fuel injection without a scanner and a dealer's service manual is like walking across a busy highway blindfolded. :)

Or, you could always put the brake lines on randomly, and hope/pray that you don't kill yourself and innocent people.

Btw, the availability of dealers service manuals on ebay varies A LOT! Get them while you can!!

Or, you can always have the car towed to a local dealer, have them install new lines, and have it cost you only ~$400+. :)

Good Luck!

Edited by Cutlass350

• 2 weeks later...