Name That Part!

'93RegalGS3800

It's the piece at the front of the picture I'm asking about. What is it called? It looks like it is some sort of interior heat shield for the catylitec converter. It's out of a 1993 Buick Regal GS 4 door. I'd like to know what it is called, the part # (If you know it off the top of your head), and where I can find a good replacement.

post-10514-143689159195_thumb.jpg

It looks like an underside heat shield but why it would have that hole cut out, don't know. But then I can also imagine that thing as being a sort of pad around the floor shifting console as it appears that the thing in the back ground is interior carpet. Either way a junkyard will be the only place to find either of the things I mentioned.

It looks like an underside heat shield but why it would have that hole cut out, don't know. But then I can also imagine that thing as being a sort of pad around the floor shifting console as it appears that the thing in the back ground is interior carpet. Either way a junkyard will be the only place to find either of the things I mentioned.

That is the carpet in the background and the hole is for the shiftier assembly. I'm trying to find a decent replacement for my water soaked ones. Not sure as to what that part is actually called.

Mine disintegrated. I have water problems in my car.

I think its just insulation and you can get it at home depot real cheap and cut it to size.

They also sell the jute padding that goes under the carpet where the feet floor area. You can go to Lowe's or another home improvement store as well. Doesn't have to be HD

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk.

I was hoping I could find the specific part somewhere local or online. I've tried looking on my local Cragslist but nobody seems to be parting out a W-body. I'd like to find that part before I have to get the carpet back in the car. If all else fails then I might consider the jute padding.

Dude go aftermarket or fabricate something. I doubt you will find that part any where new.

Dude go aftermarket or fabricate something. I doubt you will find that part any where new.

I was asking that guy on here parting out the Cutlass vert if the one in that car was still there. I may end up fabing something if I can't find one.

I was hoping I could find the specific part somewhere local or online. I've tried looking on my local Cragslist but nobody seems to be parting out a W-body. I'd like to find that part before I have to get the carpet back in the car. If all else fails then I might consider the jute padding.

Well the jute padding is for the gray stuff that was under the carpet. The yellow one I think is insulation since it covers the exhaust area. But just ask around, besides it won't matter what it is, so long it's there.

Even if you find someone parting a car with it in tact my experience with them is that they tend to disintegrate as soon as you touch them. You could Never get away with shipping one...

They were glued down to the floor. Removing one pretty much guarantees its destruction.

I guess when the water got in the car it made the glue not stick anymore. I may end up fabing something...

Even if you find someone parting a car with it in tact my experience with them is that they tend to disintegrate as soon as you touch them. You could Never get away with shipping one...

Even though mine was wet and loose I ended up ripping it in a few places trying to get it out. I have no idea what it would be like getting out a dry one.

I managed to fab up something to replace the damaged portion of the heat shield! It has a nice reflective side to keep the heat away from the interior. I sectioned it in and got it to fit. Now all I need to do is put the carpet back in and I can put the rest of the interior back together.

From what I have heard we are gonna have another round of rough storms running through here by the weekend. I'm gonna park the car on the high ground and pray for the best outcome. I really don't want to have to repeat doing this again.

post-10514-143689159883_thumb.jpg

post-10514-143689159897_thumb.jpg

post-10514-143689159909_thumb.jpg

post-10514-143689159923_thumb.jpg

93Regal, FYI I grabbed the first picture to post in a thread of mine because I need a question answered.

What did you use to replace the damaged portion?

That's slick, and the car is beautiful.

Thanks. I could really use a paint job though. Changing the cars main climate wreaked hell on the paint.

NEVER TAKE A CAR FROM A HOT DRY CLIMATE TO A HOT WET ENVIRONMENT GUYS!

93Regal, FYI I grabbed the first picture to post in a thread of mine because I need a question answered.

What did you use to replace the damaged portion?

I used some foam with a reflective side. I turned the reflective side down to keep the heat at bay. I included a picture of the whole uncut reflective piece beside the OEM piece for illustration.

Thanks for letting me know your using the picture on another thread.

post-10514-143689159942_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty neat idea. I was just gonna get insulation from home depot.

No prob, I still have to make it though. I need to figure out what that stuff on the footwell is. I was told it should be bare metal there but it looks like they glued something on. My floor looks worse than yours.

That's a pretty neat idea. I was just gonna get insulation from home depot.

No prob, I still have to make it though. I need to figure out what that stuff on the footwell is. I was told it should be bare metal there but it looks like they glued something on. My floor looks worse than yours.

My car has that stuff on the floorboard too. I think it's supposed to be some sort of sound deadener. I know that my parts bin Camaro has clean floor pans but that's a sports car. Luxury cars are gonna have more stuff to deaden the sound.