3100 to 3400 Throttle Body Swap

Michael Savage

The repositioned linkage is only if you're using the 3400 throttle bracket and cables.

Sensors are interchangeable like 95% of the rest of our parts lol.

IDE suggest doing a 2000 3100 top swap, I'm doing it now. Since you have a 3100 I say keep it looking like a 3100! If you have a 3 cylinder Egr you need the adapter from Milzy MotoSports it's $50. If you have the newer 1 cylinder silver and black Egr all you need is the EGR hose from the car you get the top from and the Egr from that car. The Egr connector is the same so it's mostly plug and play. You need the 95-99 3100 lower to Head gaskets and the 2000 3100/3400 manifold gaskets. Everything else fits back on.

I used VHT high temp engine paint spray it inside lightly after porting and polishing and it makes it smoother for easier air flow.

• 1 month later...

Hey, just did the 3400 TB swap...the car seemed to be running good but if I took my foot off the gas it would stall. Did you have to do anything else for this to work?

you MIGHT need to turn the throttle-stop screw out some, but you may also just need to let the PCM relearn where the IAC should be at an idle.

interesting, ok, thanks! I thought about the pcm relearning and let it 'idol' for about 5 minutes but it would still stall when I got off the pedal, how long should the re-learning take? Guess I'll adjust the screw and if it seems like it's racing I'll back it off the next day...

is this while in park/neutral or drive?

a full relearn procedure requires you to be sitting still long enough for the cooling fan to go on and off at least once, then shut it off for at least a few seconds(15 would be more than long enough), then repeat. if you had a way of watching scanner data, you could keep doing that until the IAC minimum position quits changing. i can't speak for OBD2, but the OBD1 cars have a limit to the amount that the IAC minimum can change per engine run-cycle and is different between calibrations.

i would also look at a potentially dead IAC motor.