3.1 mfi help needed.

Charles Sanford

Hi my name is Charles I has a 91 gp with the 3.1 mfi I had to replace the lower intake gaskets on it. my problem is I had two of the plenum bolts break on me. plus they has a rubber grommet that goes on them they are all shot . And go figure gm discontinued them and I have not been able to find them any where,so if any one out there could help me out or at least point me in the right direction on how to find some it would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you're talking about the upper plenum bolts with the rubber isolators on them? I have a bunch. They aren't in the greatest shape either. They switched them around 1993 to eliminate the rubber isolators. I think I have some of the newer style ones like that too.

I assume you're talking about the upper plenum bolts with the rubber isolators on them? I have a bunch. They aren't in the greatest shape either. They switched them around 1993 to eliminate the rubber isolators. I think I have some of the newer style ones like that too.

Yes those are the ones. I haven't had any luck in my area of kansas to even find a salvage yard has any thing old. cause most are stupid and don't have anything older than 95 . unless there is a way around having to use them. but car has been sitting for almost yr while trying to find them.

Yes those are the ones. I haven't had any luck in my area of kansas to even find a salvage yard has any thing old. cause most are stupid and don't have anything older than 95 . unless there is a way around having to use them. but car has been sitting for almost yr while trying to find them.

I'll dig some out. Might take me a couple days to get through the bucket of bolts, but I know I have some.

I found the ones with the rubber isolators. I can dig out the newer style ones without the rubber too. Just let me know which ones you want.

• 1 month later...
I found the ones with the rubber isolators. I can dig out the newer style ones without the rubber too. Just let me know which ones you want.
. sorry its taken so long to get back things with and stuff has been a lil nuts lately. but the one with the rubber isolators would be awesome or post a pic of the newer style one and see if I can find them around here. I've only been looking for what the factory had and not newer style. I'm still semi new to these engines. I'm more use to my ole school 83 gp with a classic 350 so I know what will all interchange and work and what won't on it. ok sorry for the rant.

I have the whole set, I just didn't dig the rest out of the bucket yet. These were right on top.

post-9474-143689159377_thumb.jpg

post-9474-14368915937_thumb.jpg

There's enough of them there that its probably not necessary to have literally the entirety of the bolts installed. Add such to your junkyard shopping list, although I must admit, these cars are becoming rarer and rarer.

seem to have a thing for owning cars it hard to find parts for lol. I have an 83 grandprix as well as the 91 trying to find some of the parts for the 91 is pain. and even harder for my 83. but both have alot of meaning to me the 83 has been in the family for over 12 yrs. and the 91 belonged to my mom.