95 Monte Carlo 3100 to 3900 Swap

Michael Savage

3900 turbo would be a beast, however the 3800 or 3500 are much more economical. I did the 3800 NA because I wanted to run whatever cheap gas we had, sometimes I wish I had little more top end.

unless he's supplying an aftermarket PCM that's pretty expensive.

i can guarantee it will be a tweaked factory PCM.

I guess I don't fully understand why the 3900 is sought after for this application, it's a cool engine but according to Wiki it makes the same HP as the L67, but the LZ9 makes 40 Lb-Ft less torque. The LZ9 has a more useable power range than the L67 which is cool, but that's got to be largely due to the variable cams and with an aftermarket PCM they may not work.

I guess what I see is big bucks, lower power, less aftermarket support so not as much hope of building it further later. It appears the added money spent could go into a nice L67 build and net considerably more power in the end.

Don't get me wrong, we all have our things and I'm not knocking this but I don't see the advantage of this swap.

because the 3900 N/A makes the power it takes a supercharged 3800 pushing ~7PSI to make. the 3900 responds VERY well to boost, kind of like the LQ1.

Supercharger vs Turbo can be argued forever lol not even gonna touch that one, but for my tastes I prefer a turbo. Also you can't fit a supercharger in a 90s model Monte Carlo without and engine swap from what I've heard. If there's a 3100-3400 supercharger please give me a link IDE love to read about it, tried to find it but never could.

Yeah it was you could hear the big block a mile away lol every time we cranked it someone called the police since we lived in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://60degreev6.com/forum/showthread.php/50363-MP-90-FWD-project-first-mock-up

Some Say.... Its RobertSaars native language.:thumbsup:

motorola 6800 langauge might be my native language...... but whatever the hell is used on the newest PCMs is pretty greek to me.

That blower is very interesting don't see many of those, I saw

ahuqe8a4.jpg

Thought that was interesting too. Also I have very much considered the twin Turbo setup small quick blower to get the big one started.

Also the 3900 swap would be nice if the crazy security wasn't there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always go old school and fab up a new intake manifold and then carb the engine. Only problem with that is that it would end up being the same headache as reprogramming a BCM and PCM to work in a car it wasn't intended to be.

You can always go old school and fab up a new intake manifold and then carb the engine. Only problem with that is that it would end up being the same headache as reprogramming a BCM and PCM to work in a car it wasn't intended to be.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

actually, i've seen a worse one proposed. cutting a hole in the top of the intake, attaching a carb and keeping all of the fuel injection equipment functional and just using the carb for more airflow instead of a larger throttle-body. :lol:

actually, i've seen a worse one proposed. cutting a hole in the top of the intake, attaching a carb and keeping all of the fuel injection equipment functional and just using the carb for more airflow instead of a larger throttle-body. :lol:

:facepalm:

At least that gives this bad idea a sense of scale.

Prob with swapping in an ls4 is pcm and harnes. Pretty much have have whole car harness plus some parts. Bcm is integrated among others. There a dude on mcf ls4 swapping a 97 as we speak :)

Got a link?

I'd be interested to see what's involved in swapping an LS4 into a 1st gen W.

I saw where someone swapped one into a 2000-era Monte, and he said he had to cut out part of the frame rail for the crankshaft bolt. I always thought the Montes that could get the LS4 were the same as the 2000-era ones with only the front clip being different, but I guess not.

And there's my next induction system, beats the capillary action fuel flow concept I've been working on.