fuel pump or fpr fail?

l67ss

L67 swapped my car and it ran like a beast...for a few days. Now it cuts out and spits and sputters under wot. Tried another icm(which fixed stuttering tach), swapped coils, tried another set of plugs, new plug wires. No real change. Also 8/10 of the time ir fires rite off, 2/10 time i have to crank the hell outta it. Fpr is a 96 . Fuel pump never gave any issues previously. Thanks :)

I would say that is right were it should be. I have 42psi at idle.

How's your MAF? I had a issue very similar to that, and my MAF never turned on a SES light. Wasn't until I data logged it I figured the MAF was bad.

Edited by 94 olds vert

Actually just tried unplugging the maf, made it run really rough

I would say that is right were it should be. I have 42psi at idle.

How's your MAF? I had a issue very similar to that, and my MAF never turned on a SES light. Wasn't until I data logged it I figured the MAF was bad.

Check the PCM for codes, if you haven't already. Make sure your plugs are gapped correctly. I've had similar issues with a MAF issue and with a TPS issue.

Yeah i wouldnt hav pulled it out if you hadnt posted. Ill have to grab abother maf at the jy tomoro, my spare is cracked too lol

Im good! Lol

When my MAF up and died I went put in a new TPS. No code, but when I scanned it it wasnt working perfectly. With a new one its perfect.

Ugh. The TCS code could be caused by a failing TPS - but most of the time you end up needing to pull the transmission and replace it. Might as well do the PCS and other shift solenoids while you're in there.

I'm not sure how the MAF gets cracked, but I've seen it before. This is why I have 2 MAF sensors on hand at all times lol

Yeah i dont trust this tranny. I found a 70k mile one from an 01 gtp though for $125 :)

Ugh. The TCS code could be caused by a failing TPS - but most of the time you end up needing to pull the transmission and replace it. Might as well do the PCS and other shift solenoids while you're in there.

I'm not sure how the MAF gets cracked, but I've seen it before. This is why I have 2 MAF sensors on hand at all times lol

The guy had bought a 99 and 01 gtp parts cars for his 00 gtp. Sold the 00 gtp and most of the parts and got into neons lol. He just has a few random gtp parts left, the tranny is one of them :)

How Wierd, I had a cracked MAF too!

Actually since you're having these things in tandem it reminded me of an oldschool mechanic when mine was first shifting funny, he told me a bad MAF can screw with the tranny. I don't know how, don't kill the messenger but it improved when I got my new MAF, I mean NEW though.

Changed coupler and maf, car has balls again :). Still a lil stumble under wot but no ones dicking and covering thinkin its a drive by ;). Also shortened the life of my front tires a bit :)

Well it started f@#$in up again so i did another fp test. 43 psi@ idle, 50 psi @ 4000 rpm, so the pumps good. Went to walmart and bought carb cleaner. Sprayed it around injectors while idling, idle slightly fluctuated. Sprayed a bunch on each so it puddled revved it up and it sucked it down. Gonna o ring my spare injector and try those