Headliner - Remove/ Re-Cover/ Re-Install.

MReichle

Has anyone been successful in removing and re-installing a (re-covered) headliner without removing front or rear glass? I'm looking for direction... for when I finally gear-up to do the job on my 90 Lumina. Thanks!!!!!

Youbetcha. Mine is a coupe though so I could pull the thing out without folding it. Recovered great over a year ago and it is holding up great. Get creative with it, personalize while you have it out. Here is mine- it is actually a How to Train Your Dragon bed sheet. I used 3M spray adhesive, removed all the old fabric/crap from the headliner board then sprayed adhesive on some felt, then glued the sheet onto the felt. That way it has the factory 'feel' of soft thickness rather than it just being hard had I just put the sheet up there alone.

I get compliments every time someone gets into my car. "OH WOW! That's so cool?! Where'd you go to have that done!?" "I did it" "NO WAY!?!"

post-3298-143689148537_thumb.jpg

Edited by Night Fury

Nice!

I've located the foam-backed fabric at the local sewing store...man, the stuff does NOT COME Cheap!! Although customizing it would be cool, I think I'd prefer to keep it stock. To get it out, I figured I'd have to remove the seats...worst case. Thanks for the input!

Thanks! I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull the front seats out! Now...I just need some warmer weather!

You don't need to take the front seats out. Just lay the backrest all the way back to the rear seats and you'll get the same effect as taking them out. The trick to doing the headliner is to wiggle it out.

As far as the headliner fabric, yes it doesn't come cheap, BUT look for coupons online.

Here's one from Jo Ann's fabric. 40% off till the 28th of this month. It's really not a bad deal. They had 50% off for xmas but well... that's gone.

http://www.joann.com/coupon/