transmission help 1994 cutlass

LilRedConvert

So, driving down the road tonight, the Speedo started jumping around, then zeroed out, and now won't shift into first, even manually. I can get it to manually shift from second to third, but no overdrive or first, and the Speedo will work when it wants, though lately, it has read wrong, and some days it is slow, others fast. Possible it is just a speed sensor? It is a 1994 cutlass convert with the 3.1 and I believe the 4T60E... Any help would be great, this is my daily driver... Thank you.

Sounds like vss. On my old 4t60 i had a wire to the vss that hanged pretty low and came unhooked periodically. When that would happen my car would do the same thing. :)

So, driving down the road tonight, the Speedo started jumping around, then zeroed out, and now won't shift into first, even manually. I can get it to manually shift from second to third, but no overdrive or first, and the Speedo will work when it wants, though lately, it has read wrong, and some days it is slow, others fast. Possible it is just a speed sensor? It is a 1994 cutlass convert with the 3.1 and I believe the 4T60E... Any help would be great, this is my daily driver... Thank you.