94 LUMINA STEREO WIRING

ahill007ny

I HAVE A 94 LUMINA, THE DASH ONLY LIGHTS WHEN THE RADIO IS ON AND IT ALSO STAYS DIM. I LOOKED AT MY WIRES, I HAVE A BROWN, AND A BROWN WITH WHITE TRACE, I WAS WONDERING IF THOSE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE DASH LIGHTS. I LOOKED AT VARIOUS SITES WITH THE WIRING DIAGRAM AND THE BROWN WITH WHITE IS NEVER MENTIONED:think:

I have a quick connect for that car. Ill grab a plug from a jy 94 tomoro and cross reference for ya :)

I HAVE A 94 LUMINA, THE DASH ONLY LIGHTS WHEN THE RADIO IS ON AND IT ALSO STAYS DIM. I LOOKED AT MY WIRES, I HAVE A BROWN, AND A BROWN WITH WHITE TRACE, I WAS WONDERING IF THOSE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE DASH LIGHTS. I LOOKED AT VARIOUS SITES WITH THE WIRING DIAGRAM AND THE BROWN WITH WHITE IS NEVER MENTIONED:think:

OK...I'LL HAVE TO GO WITH THE CONNECTS. SHOULD I BUY THE GM AFTERMARKET HARNESS? IT CAME WITH A PIONEER 3700MP, WHEN I PULLED IT OUT TO CHECK WIRING I NOTICED THAT THE CAR'S WIRES WERE SPLICED DIRECTLY TO THE RADIO'S HARNESS.

A quick connect wont do ya much good at the moment, i gotta go to the jy tomoro, ill grab a 94 plug and cross reference for ya :)

OK...I'LL HAVE TO GO WITH THE CONNECTS. SHOULD I BUY THE GM AFTERMARKET HARNESS? IT CAME WITH A PIONEER 3700MP, WHEN I PULLED IT OUT TO CHECK WIRING I NOTICED THAT THE CAR'S WIRES WERE SPLICED DIRECTLY TO THE RADIO'S HARNESS.

The brown wire with the white tracer is the pulse width modulated (PWM) night time illumination condition circuit for the stock radio's vacuum fluorescent display (VFD). When the headlights/parking lights circuit is on, the display automatically dims. The dimming intensity of this circuit is controlled by pulse width modulation (common to early W-bodies), as opposed to a traditional rheostat.