anyone have a clue how to bypass the turn signa/cruise switch?l

Chris2012

Headlights wouldn't come on one day. Had the feeling it was the switch (had been giving problems iiRC). So Iran wires from the battery to the headlights and turn them on by twisting them together! I'm sick of it and miss using the buttons behind the low/high beam switch (same switch). Therefore would need to basically cut a few wires I guess, wire up another switch to alternate between high/low. It's such a ridiculous system.

I'd sooner swim through a lake of hungry gators then pull my steering wheel.

1992 Lumina 3.1

Headlights wouldn't come on one day. Had the feeling it was the switch (had been giving problems iiRC). So Iran wires from the battery to the headlights and turn them on by twisting them together! I'm sick of it and miss using the buttons behind the low/high beam switch (same switch). Therefore would need to basically cut a few wires I guess, wire up another switch to alternate between high/low. It's such a ridiculous system.

I'd sooner swim through a lake of hungry gators then pull my steering wheel.

1992 Lumina 3.1

Man up. Do this right, or sell the car. It's not that hard, and it's not outrageously expensive, either.

The highbeam switch is further down the column and is actuated by a rod from the turn signal lever.

there is a small metal plate covering it, held down with a couple screws IIRC. Pull that off and you can get at the switch. I don't think you'd have to pull the wheel, might have to lower the column down some though.

If you are worried about the airbag going off just wear a football helmet and make sure you don't have to pee.:lol:

If you are worried about the airbag going off just wear a football helmet and make sure you don't have to pee.:lol:

'92 Lumina...What air bag? "Automatic" seat belts took care of that legal requirement.

Who decided that loading explosive devices into the passenger compartment was a good idea?