Trying to see which DIC I could use...

95blacktahoe

Hello,

I was sent here from our Tahoe board as they said that the guys on here are the experts on these DIC units. I want to get a DIC unit that will work on my 95 Chevy Tahoe. I know that I have that obd1 computer in the Tahoe, but I was told the 94-95 had a different baud rate (8192) computer. I don't want to get the wrong one, but I would love to find out more of what it's going to take to make it work. I know the fuel will be off because the Tahoe has a 30 gallon tank...

Once I know which one I need, then I can hopefully do the hardest part of this task... finding one...

Shawn

when it comes to W-bodies, you have 3 options:

88-93 grand prix DIC

88-91 cutlass supreme DIS

94-95 grand prix DIC

with a bit of tweaking of the calibration, any of them could be used. i'm not sure of what the 94-95 TBI PCMs normally push out in their broadcast message, it's been a while since i've looked into it.

I can't imagine why anyone would care to do this in a truck when the thing has a picture of a car on it.

it would look off installed in a Tahoe i'm sure. especially if you got a 30 gallon tank!

Thats what I was looking for is the cutlass one. I was planning on installing it in the overhead console. That is, provided I can find one that will work with the computer. I was told it was 8192 baud, as its a 95. I am hoping I can find one to try, but I have have had no luck at all in finding one in the yard.

Shawn

as long as you're open to running a modified calibration in case the normal ALDL packets aren't going to cut it, it can be done.