See The New Rims...Same As The Old Rims

The Burning Rom

So does that take the "super mini ball end milled" texture off the surface of the aluminum? because i wouldn't want that.

Not that I have a die grinder to do it with anyway.

I'll get a close up shot of one tomorrow.

I round 'orbital' sander with fine grit metal paper will cut the lines off, but the metal is very soft so don't over do it.. take your time and never stay in one place to long ... the blue coral is the finish cleaner/polish once it's smooth. it's worth the time. Maybe you can rent one from like autozone or pepboys :?:

cool post a pic. :!:

btw I got my K6000's cut down and they ride much better almost spot-on :)

Mark

Wow the pics my camera takes arn't worth a damn, not even worth posting beacuse they make the polished rims look stock and my normal rims on the back look white.

So picture a stock rim, now make it really frikin shinny. Not like chromed, not reflective really, just like polished aluminum that makes a really crisp irradesant shine. (My camera takes that cool shine and makes it a big glare and then the whole picutre is washed out too) Sorry my camera sucks and can't handle contrast. stupid pos

btw, anyone want to buy my K6000's? Never installed

i rescued mine form the junk yard for 80 bucks. took me all winter last year to refinish them. because of the time and effort invested i got the old 14's on for the winter now. i remember using exactly 8 thin coats of spray metal laqure and now the finish is hard as a rock.

do you know if sandblasting would be a good idea to remove the old plaint/clearcoat from my rims? The place i work sells sandblasters and i could get a great deal on one. Just wondering if it would damage the metal?

do you know if sandblasting would be a good idea to remove the old plaint/clearcoat from my rims? The place i work sells sandblasters and i could get a great deal on one. Just wondering if it would damage the metal?

Yeah I think it would there pretty soft wheels :?

sorry ...

No...aluminum should never be sandblasted. It's too soft. Bead blasted maybe...but never sand blasted. If you want a good result...you have to put a lot of work into it I'm afraid...

No...aluminum should never be sandblasted. It's too soft. Bead blasted maybe...but never sand blasted. If you want a good result...you have to put a lot of work into it I'm afraid...

bead-blasted... as in glass beads? We sell them by the bag!!! also aluminum oxide. Not too sure what that does either.

Well it looks like scotch-brite and a little patience might just have to do. Thanks for the advice.