91 Front end Gtp swap

problem2420

I was wondering what is needed to swap over a regular se front end to a gtp front end i hate my sealed beam headlights. also thinking about swaping to the base or red taillights any help is appreciated. thanks

grandprixgtp_zps83be0001.jpg

Edited by problem2420

I think you are confusing a GTP front end and a TGP front end.

For the life of me I still can't figure out why people swap out their miniquads for the TGP front end. I like both designs but I think the miniquads are a lot cleaner looking. And what is wrong with sealed beams? You can convert them to something brighter fairly easily...

http://www.eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

Why the picture of got2bgms car? Are you looking at doing that front end swap?

Hence the title of his post! :lol:

And either way my response still holds true. Matt (GOT2BGM) has a TGP which is different than a GTP/GT front end, as the TGPs have sealed beams still. My car is a GTP and has the miniquads, but otherwise the same basic thing.

What about a CS to GP front swap? Got a damaged front end and havent seen a CS coupe or vert but plenty of GPs, and the B4U cladding some have is badass, especially the wheel flares. The frames between the two models look the same to me when the bumper and header panel is removed. Grand Supreme?

What? You don't want to stick a GP front end on your CS. It probably can be done, but I would not recommend doing something like that.

1. It looks dumb.

2. The front end of a gp is more rounded than that of a CS.

3. Alignment issues.

4. Turn signals won't line up.

5.????

6. Light car on fire and roll it down a hill.

well does anyone know of a place that sells clear headlight covers for the gp even though i love the tgp front clip, it would probably be a while until i can get my hands on the parts and i really hate the look of the gp nose.

I 3rd that motion!

IMO...

1st gen front ends in order of beauty:

TGP > 88-90 GP coupe > 94 Lumina Z34 > 1991-up GTP > Monte > Lumina > CS > unibrow

more or less

Id change a few things on that! IMHO:lol:

I 3rd that motion!

IMO...

1st gen front ends in order of beauty:

TGP > 88-90 GP coupe > 94 Lumina Z34 > 1991-up GTP > Monte > Lumina > CS > unibrow

more or less

So the 91-93 Lumina Z34's front ends look like ass?

So the 91-93 Lumina Z34's front ends look like ass?

No that would be the "unibrow" Grand Prix... sorry. :leaving:

It would be interesting to see the different order other members would put those in. I'm sure a few would have that list go exactly the other way.

What say you?