1994 Cutlass Convertible lowering springs

Red Cutlass Vert

Since i'm still a noob on here and I haven't posted anything yet, I thought I would ask some questions on lowering springs. I have already looked at the thread on how to lower a w body. I saw some on the W-Body store http://www.wbodystore.com/suspension/71-performance-lowering-springs-.html, and it seems that everything on the site is geared to the grand prix, so I was wondering if they would work on a cutlass. I know that W-Bodies are the same underneath, but i didn't know if aftermarket springs would be compatible

Those springs wont work. You need to find a pair from a Gen 1/Gen1.5. They have the same springs up front/same front suspension. I would get rid of your monoleaf and get coilovers in the rear. Easy to do and somewhat cheap. Nowadays its about $250+ for rear coilovers if you build your own.

First sticky on the suspension thread list has everything one needs to know. Really helps when you can see what others have done to the same car as you, especially when they took the time to take picture and explain thing out.:thumbsup:

Upgrade your front sway bar and add one to the back as you only have aux. dampers(POS). Get a tower strut from a vert for the front(also has bigger front sway bar) and order some brackets to make one for the rear, and poly out all the bushings you can before lowering or moving on to coil-overs to get a good idea of how the vehicle handles. The right tire can make a difference too. Awhile back a guy on here will build some rear coil-overs and ship them to you i believe, im about ready to do this particular mod myself. Found an S curve that im not happy with.:lol: