• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mfewtrail

• 99RegalGS

• TeeJay3800

• Bolt_Crank

it will probably sound ok, you'll most likely have a low rumble at idle and then a continous low rumble upon acceleration. You're complaining about rattle and you have a cat, I bet it's not that loud then...I'm pretty certain it's not as loud as my car let alone my 63 GMC w/ glasspacks and true duals(sounds badass...305 V6..no that's not a type-o, it's a V6...look it up if ya' don't believe me...this is directed to the big block V6 doubters :lol: ...I'll post pics of the dirty motor later today, need to change those leaky vc gaskets :oops: ...off to class now :roll: )

i just recorded some wicked sounding pics of my 3.1...lol...never knew a stock muffler sounded that good

i'll post them tomorrow or something since my good computer is dead at the moment...but i was wondering what a 3800 with the supercharger would sound like cause i'll planning on dropping one of those in someday...

oh yeah and also is there any easy way to make the exshaust louder without buying anything or cutting anything off...lol...i don't mind jury rigging it till i get the money for dual glass packs...can't wait to get the turbo/gtp body kit on it either that way i have some nice cutouts for the new tips

i just recorded some wicked sounding pics of my 3.1...lol...never knew a stock muffler sounded that good

i'll post them tomorrow or something since my good computer is dead at the moment...but i was wondering what a 3800 with the supercharger would sound like cause i'll planning on dropping one of those in someday...

oh yeah and also is there any easy way to make the exshaust louder without buying anything or cutting anything off...lol...i don't mind jury rigging it till i get the money for dual glass packs...can't wait to get the turbo/gtp body kit on it either that way i have some nice cutouts for the new tips

I can get cha' a clip of a the stock exhaust on my 01 GTP(3800 w/ the sc)..I don't like the stock exhaust much, it is a bit raspy when you can hear it(taking off up to about 40ish you can slightly hear it)...I'll probably have it uploaded this weekend sometime :wink: along w/ the TGP sound clips I meant to make last weekend :oops:

After hearing and comparing the different sound files, i am contimplating getting my 1.5 year old Flowmaster 50 series replaced with a 2.5 inch Magnaflow. I have 2.5 inch pipes and a magnaflow cat. It is really freekin loud, and actually rattles my rear window, i was thinking that the magnaflow would smooth out the sound, and give it a sporties sound. Any thoughts?

You're car will sound much, much better.

It will indeed be deeper, and smoother, and not way too loud. That doesn't mean magnaflow arent loud if that's what you're after, they definetely are at WOT, and completely tolerable in everyday conditions.

Flowmasters do not belong on a 60*V6 in my opinion, they can sound just as bad as honda's with fart cannons imo (not the same sound, but just as crappy).

At least every 60*V6 I heard in person did anyway.

Flowmasters do not belong on a 60*V6 in my opinion, they can sound just as bad as honda's with fart cannons imo (not the same sound, but just as crappy).

You'll have to hear mine sometime, then.

You'll have to hear mine sometime, then.

or mine :wink:.......