What does you w-body sound like?

99RegalGS

I want to know what your engines and your exhaust sound like.

Specifically the 3.4. I've herd it before but the sound quality wasn't that good.

And your exhaust for future Ideas for me.

Here are mine:

Engine: Sorry about the fuel injector noise.

http://home.wi.rr.com/beulahboater/Sounds/01%20-%20Track%201.mp3

Exhaust:

http://home.wi.rr.com/beulahboater/Sounds/02%20-%20Track%202.mp3

http://home.wi.rr.com/beulahboater/Sounds/03%20-%20Track%203.mp3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mfewtrail

• 99RegalGS

• TeeJay3800

• Bolt_Crank

My 3.1 sounds awesome with a 3" straight pipe in place of the cat and a Flowmaster 40-series muffler. It is quite loud but the Flowmaster gives it a nice tuned sound. I think the Chevy 60º V6 is one of the nicest sounding engines around. Personally, I don't care for the sound of the 3800. My previous car was a Bonneville SSEi with Flowmasters and I did not like the sound at all. There are several other good sounding and good performing exhaust manufactures out there, Flowmaster is just my personal favorite. I can PM you a sound clip if you'd like.

With the high flow cat and Ractive Mufflers i get a nice deep tone. Even at low rpms i still have a steady roar that all the ricers can hear! :wink: And then when u get on it the turbo spools, which is very loud and then when full boost is reached its like the exhaust comes back over the noise of the turbo and it roars until u let off. In General pretty loud!

awesome luke

Your making me wish i choose Magnaflow over my Flowmaster.

I will talk to my muffler man see if i can work out a sweet deal.

Brian(not the mod) told me he would hook me up with magnaflow just for the hell of it sometime. Im going to hit him up next week :)

anyone wanna host my 1mb clip of the 93 GP w/ 2.5'' mandrel bent SS piping, no cat, a 30 series flow in it's place and nothing else?? :wink: :wink: ...it actually doesn't do the car justice as it was maxing out the mike' and doesn't sound as it does in "real life"..gearhead43 has heard the car before as well as I have heard his(3.1 w/ a cat and straight pipes...sounds AWESOME!!!!)..I'll get some better clips of it later, it sounds almost identical to a V8 Stang w/ flows :D ...the intake is only loud around 60ish on the car, can hear the exhaust ALL the time. I rigged up a CAI on my parents 94 Regal w/ the 3800, it actually sounds mean as hell w/ just the CAI, sounds almost like it has exhaust on it :lol: . My 01 GTP sounds raspy being that it has the stock exhaust(not for long..not sure what setup I'm going with, just doing a catback right now, getting headers later.)

EDIT: found one of my other clips that is slightly better(cruising down the road..still maxing the mic out a bit), and it's 450K..anyone wanna host this n' for me :wink: ..pulllease!~! :lol:

Sorry man, I don't think my school wants me using my webspace for exhuast sounds! :( Its good to see someone thats into the sound of these V6s. Your comparison of gearhead34's exhuast to a V-8 Mustang is pretty damn accurate. With the right exhuast (like a Flowmaster), these motors sound better than anything out there. Like I said, the 60º V6 is the best sounding motor short of an LT1. Hopefully someone can host these files for ya so we can hear them!

anyone wanna host my 1mb clip of the 93 GP w/ 2.5'' mandrel bent SS piping, no cat, a 30 series flow in it's place and nothing else?? :wink: :wink: ...it actually doesn't do the car justice as it was maxing out the mike' and doesn't sound as it does in "real life"..gearhead43 has heard the car before as well as I have heard his(3.1 w/ a cat and straight pipes...sounds AWESOME!!!!)..I'll get some better clips of it later, it sounds almost identical to a V8 Stang w/ flows :D ...the intake is only loud around 60ish on the car, can hear the exhaust ALL the time. I rigged up a CAI on my parents 94 Regal w/ the 3800, it actually sounds mean as hell w/ just the CAI, sounds almost like it has exhaust on it :lol: . My 01 GTP sounds raspy being that it has the stock exhaust(not for long..not sure what setup I'm going with, just doing a catback right now, getting headers later.)

EDIT: found one of my other clips that is slightly better(cruising down the road..still maxing the mic out a bit), and it's 450K..anyone wanna host this n' for me :wink: ..pulllease!~! :lol:

I'll host 'em for ya...

and for shits and giggles, here's my truck, lol

http://home.cablerocket.com/~gperry/z34/truck1.mp3

http://home.cablerocket.com/~gperry/z34/truck2.mp3

What kinda truck do you have?

BTW: You need to put some WD-40 on your door hinge, or hood.

I used to have a Mazda B2600i, a 'lil 4 cylinder, and that was the clutch :lol:

nah, you couldn't hear it over the engine/exhaust, lol

one guy thought I had a V6 in there when I recorded the engine sound (I hung the tape recorder from the open hood)

*points at his Z34 intake sound*

guess where that was, lol

im just currious...would a 3100 sound the same as these 3.1MPFIs?

Im having my exhaust done this winter, sometime. or even this fall. Its going from the stock single, to dual muffler DynoMax Super turbos.

i wish i could hear it though, before i do it

jon