Sling Well?

Galaxie500XL

Looks like I'm going to be replacing my top on my '95 Cutlass sooner than expected...can't complain, it's the original top.

The "sling well", the plastic sheeting behind the rear seats is in sad shape on my car, and really needs replacing. I'd prefer to do so when the top is replaced, but would like to get the earlier one, that had a drain built in that teed off on the power antenna drain.

Any idea where to find one?

I've searched and haven't been able to find anyone that makes one. I have a second 95 convertible that the well is in very poor shape. I was thinking I may have to remove what's left (or find one in a JY) and have an upholstery shop duplicate it.

I doubt the top well is available anywhere, with or without the drain. I finally just found a drain in a 93 at the junkyard last week, which I will be adding into my 94 rag. I would say your best bet is having one custom made and add the drain while it is out of the car.

I've got a mangled sling well from a '93, which had the drain...been tempted myself to have one made, but I suspect the cost will be very high.

I doubt the top well is available anywhere, with or without the drain. I finally just found a drain in a 93 at the junkyard last week, which I will be adding into my 94 rag. I would say your best bet is having one custom made and add the drain while it is out of the car.

I've got an original drain from a 1991 Cutlass Convertible. $15.00 shipped to any of the lower 48 states if anyone is interested.

how did you get the two halves separated?