carpet

THe_DeTAiL3R

The carpet in my GP is just plain gross, and I was wondering how much is involved in replacing it. (take out seats, etc?)

I was thinking about simply getting used carpet from a cleaner car at the wreckers rather than buying new carpet. Would you be able to swap from other w-bodies?

other grand prixs 88-96 will work. 94-96 will probably have differnt cutouts for the holes to screw the console in but that is not a problem.

what is involved in removing the carpet is nothing. the seats and plastic trim on the edges below the door and thats easy. 3 hours tops on basic tools

i would recommend just dropping a new carpet in. to do all tha crap youd have to remove everything anyways as if you were removing it, so i saw u spend the extra $ and just go plop a new one in. i wanna do it real bad and my carpet doesnt even look too bad, i just want it to look brand spankin new

Dave,

The carpet kitss for sale on eBay are $104 US. They are NEW. If you get one Just tell them you want a 94-96 GTP carpet. It will be graphite in color.. I like is best cuz it doesn't show dirt well.... :wink:

Guest Anonymous
Dave,

The carpet kitss for sale on eBay are $104 US. They are NEW. If you get one Just tell them you want a 94-96 GTP carpet. It will be graphite in color.. I like is best cuz it doesn't show dirt well.... :wink:

Got any pics of yours? I'm replacing mine and was thinking of a darker color.

Whats wrong with it? Ripped? Stained? Both?

If its just stained you can get carpet dye and make it look new again.

Whats that, like "painting" it?? I'd be up for that. Spray can or how does that work? I have some rips but just under the floor mats (I have floor mats).

Yeah, its a spray can. I saw it done on a tv show and my friends brother is gonna do it to his van.

:lol: :lol: LMFAO!!!.. Ummmm Yeaaaa that's not his carpet, its MINE out of a 96 GTP that only had 3000 miles on it. LOL I posted the pics so C.B>]. could see what the darker Graphite carpet from the 92-96 GP's would look like in a 88-91 Light carpet colored GP.... :wink: :lol:

The lighter gray carpet does indeed show dirt alot faster. I had to get rid of my OEM carpet after only 40,000 miles of daily driving.. And I kept floor mats on it plus I vaccummed it weekly !!!!!! :shock: :shock: