Advice for tune up

defflepp1

So I recently bought a 1997 bonneville ssei with 140,000 miles. I know it's not a w body but it has the same engine and I like this forum better than the bonneville one. Anyway I just bought it and it runs great but I would still like to do a full tune up just so I know when everything was done. My plan as of right now is

spark plugs-ngk tr55 copper

plug wires-msd

coils-msd

oil-Mobil one full synthetic

oil filter-Mobil one

fuel filter

trans fluid and filter

O2 sensor

supercharger oil

thats all I can think of for right now, is this a good list? Is there stuff I'm missing? Where would be a good place to find the MSD parts? In the some what near future I plan on dropping to a 3.4 pulley, so if there are supporting mods for that I should do now? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Sup Bonneville buddy :high5:

First off don't waste your money on MSD parts. The stock coils are good enough for intense 10 second drag cars. Ignition is not really a weak point. I've always ran stock wires never had a problem... seems like more people have spark issues moving to 8mm + aftermarket wires then just using the stock replacement sets.

I use Walmart synthetic oil.. or whatever synthetic is on sale with a good filter.

You seem to have everything else bang on. Supporting mods for a 3.4 pulley. I know lots of guys run that on stock manifolds... most recommend headers or at minimum ported manifolds and a downpipe. I know autolite 104 spark plugs are usually favorite of 3.4 pullie'd L67s

Speed daddy stainless headers for w bodys will work on a h body. You'll need a w body trans dipstick and tube as well as you'll need a flange welded in your cat back to meet the headers down pipe since h body exhaust is a bit different is different then w body

Edited by White93z34
mobile post needed cleaned up

So I recently bought a 1997 bonneville ssei with 140,000 miles. I know it's not a w body but it has the same engine and I like this forum better than the bonneville one. Anyway I just bought it and it runs great but I would still like to do a full tune up just so I know when everything was done. My plan as of right now is

spark plugs-ngk tr55 copper

plug wires-msd

coils-msd

oil-Mobil one full synthetic

oil filter-Mobil one

fuel filter

trans fluid and filter

O2 sensor

supercharger oil

thats all I can think of for right now, is this a good list? Is there stuff I'm missing? Where would be a good place to find the MSD parts? In the some what near future I plan on dropping to a 3.4 pulley, so if there are supporting mods for that I should do now? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Verify PCV valve operation

Air filter

Flush PS fluid Verify PS hose condition including clamps on return hose

Fuel pressure test

12+ ounces of Techron added to gas tank

Battery load test Clean battery case Check for parasitic drain

Alternator output test

Starter draw test

Inspect chassis--brake wear, brake hoses, ball joints and tie rod ends, suspension bushings, etc.