Rock Damage, enough to total

mhildebrand

So last week I got onto the interstate leaving work and got stuck behind a cement companies boom truck when rock started falling off of it. Finally got ahold of the guy this week and his insurance called me back yesterday to get the statement and info and whatever. I just got done with getting an estimate on the body damage from the rock hitting the car, and its $1,351 for paint damage, plus around $300 for the windshield which cracked all the way across this morning. None of the rock damage is too severe, a couple of the chips are the size of pencil erasers.

So now i get to wait for a response from the insurance to see if they will pay or not. Aparrently after the cement company owner contacted his insurance, they have been unable to contact him back.

Has anyone else had any issues like this before? Meaning damage from highway debris.

it seems like the company owner already admitted fault to damaging your vehicle. So the insurance company has to represnt him regardless of what he says. If you get the run around from thier insurance company I would contact yours and tell them the deal. The can assist on you getting your money.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Rich, you should fight it. I understand being non-confrontational, but they're screwing you over and that's not right.

If you have full-coverage, definitely call your insurance as they'll help you fight it since insurance companies are like lawyers and it's always wise to have one on your side. Unfortunately, they won't do much to help you if you don't have full-coverage though.

Was it in your cutlass? If that's the case, I probably wouldn't bother with full coverage. This guy I worked with years ago had a black cutlass, rear ended someone on the highway. The damage was as minimal as it gets. He had full coverage and decided to put it to use - insurance company totaled it. He got money, sure, but lost a W :\

Yes it is the Cutlass. Its not worth having full coverage on. I'm just happy I got the to pay for the windshield. Like I said, damage was minimal, and I will be touching it all up myself anyways.

Was it in your cutlass? If that's the case, I probably wouldn't bother with full coverage. This guy I worked with years ago had a black cutlass, rear ended someone on the highway. The damage was as minimal as it gets. He had full coverage and decided to put it to use - insurance company totaled it. He got money, sure, but lost a W :\

Actually, I didn't mean for him to use the full coverage if he had it, but if you had full coverage, your insurance will fight on your behalf to make the other company pay. They'll fight with the other insurance company for you because they'll worry you might use your full-coverage so they'll go to battle for you to ensure that you don't have to.

BUT if you don't have full-coverage, they can't care less whether you get anything out of the other insurance or not, so they won't step up to bat for you.

Whether or not you have full coverage, shouldnt matter. Your Insurance will/ and should stand by you and help you. If they dont, time to change. I know i have never had a problem with mine, even with such events that werent my fault.