steven eckols

Ok I have a 93 Chevy lumina sedan, which has the monoleaf rear suspension. Recently had both rear struts replaced and now needs and alignment as both tires are cambered in. Mechanic told me the new struts were equipped with the slotted holes which allow for aligning the tires. He doesn't do alignments so I took it to a shop who does and they couldnt get the rear tires to move the way there supposed to. My question is why? Do I have to take off the tension from the monoleaf before they can be aligned? The tires were so tight they wouodnt even budge and the guys have never worked on a monoleaf suspension and did not know either. Pls help

Welcome, Nice choice on vehicle.

The new struts, depending on what brand your go with let's say Ac Delco, You might have to run a drill to slot out the holes so that you can adjust the rear. Alot of shops will not attempt this and will say there is no adjustment. There is. Camber and caster can be adjusted by, one loosening the both bolts that bolt the strut to the hub and two there are bolts on either side of the rear leaf to adjust whether the wheel goes inward at the front or outward and vice versa.

Generally with mine, One tech loosened the bolts on the hub, i pushed either inward on the top of the tire or pulled outward with force, and he then blasted them back tight. It takes time but my cars are keyed in.

Ok I have a 93 Chevy lumina sedan, which has the monoleaf rear suspension. Recently had both rear struts replaced and now needs and alignment as both tires are cambered in. Mechanic told me the new struts were equipped with the slotted holes which allow for aligning the tires. He doesn't do alignments so I took it to a shop who does and they couldnt get the rear tires to move the way there supposed to. My question is why? Do I have to take off the tension from the monoleaf before they can be aligned? The tires were so tight they wouodnt even budge and the guys have never worked on a monoleaf suspension and did not know either. Pls help

Ok so the pressure on the monoleaf will not affect the tires from aligning once you loosen the boots is what your saying

The monoleaf has no part in the alignment. let it do its thing. Do not remove the bolts for the struts, just loosen them. they may have to be knocked loose, but they will come. its a pita thing to do, but it will align the car if its out. obviously the rear must be done first.