91' Convertible which suspension do I have?

rawdeal91vert

Morning All,

My 91' suposedly has the "Corvette Suspension".... at least that is what the original owner told me. Reguardless the car handles better than anything I have owned include my Volvo 960. Original owner said he bought it with an upgraded suspension a $2800 option in 91'. The car is a one owner with 72,000 miles.post-7554-143689107807_thumb.jpg How can I find out from the vin # or looking underneath to find out what I have. Or did all convertbles ship with the same set up? Thanks

Nice car! I always thought those reminded me of the 1970 Cutlass's and needed to have some form of ram air on them. I have set of chrome grills for your car if you want.

Compnine.com

Put your vin into that website and it will give you a breakdown of your rpo codes. My guess is that you have the FE3 suspension on your car.

FE3 suspension is the sportier version of suspension for our cars, I believe you get higher rate(stiffer) front springs, stiffer monoleaf spring, 34mm anti-sway bar up front and -sway bar in the rear.

BTW I love your car.

I would have thought all verts had FE3... though it is something i actually never thought to investigate. I've heard of the misnomer "corvette suspension" only recently, which seems to imply having actual corvette parts, rather than the actual situation which should be best said as "corvette inspired suspension" in reference to having the monoleaf style rear suspension. We basically have the same type of independent (or would that be semi-independent due to two wheels sharing the same spring?) suspension set up as corvettes did.

last but not least, NICE VERT! I have a ratty black black with red leather interior 91 but it has been broken since time began.

Edited by Crazy K

Thanks guy for the info. I have not had a convertible in almost 30 years. My first was a yellow 1970 442 convertible., bench seat with a 455cid. Man, is good to drive one again.