96 got hit, need to replace door and front fender driver side

cougarcat454

How hard to pull the front fender and door. If anyone has step by step or general instructions on the procedure to pull both of these it would be greatly appreciated. Kid hit my car and has no insurance. So I have to get the money direct from him some how, since I only have liability on the car. Looking to fix it on the cheap side. Located a red fender that will match and then a good door but it will need to be painted. I figure I can do all of the work myself as far as pulling the old door and fender and putting on the new. Then a trip to the body shop for paint on the door. Good straight car and I can not see sending it to the junk yard, has 114k and was in good to excellent condition before this idiot hit it.

Any help would be appreciated!!

doable... what car?

You may have to watch for other things like suspension damage if the impact touched the tire. for example, the replaceable cartridge strut in my 91 international was bent and broken in the housing from similar impact damage.

Sorry 96 Pontiac Grand Prix Se with the B4U and ground effects. Two door. Driveablitiy appears to be fine. Just hit the door and right behind the front wheel. I replaced the front and rear struts on this car myself when I bought it. I have no problem doing most mechanical work myself, but guidance from someone who has done this before would surely help.

How hard to pull the front fender and door. If anyone has step by step or general instructions on the procedure to pull both of these it would be greatly appreciated. Kid hit my car and has no insurance. So I have to get the money direct from him some how, since I only have liability on the car. Looking to fix it on the cheap side. Located a red fender that will match and then a good door but it will need to be painted. I figure I can do all of the work myself as far as pulling the old door and fender and putting on the new. Then a trip to the body shop for paint on the door. Good straight car and I can not see sending it to the junk yard, has 114k and was in good to excellent condition before this idiot hit it.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Location might really help.

It's about 10X cheaper to just get the part in the right colour to start with!