CHEAP Tubular Trailing arms Dorman 905-501

wickedbuick

Mine as well.

Random/slightly on topic (okay, not really, but whatever) : Anyone ever thought about figuring out poly bushings for the Dorman arms?

I think BXX did just that.

Well well well! I was looking into that this whole past week!! How much for some with poly installed or are you willing to give up your secret? lol

Well well well! I was looking into that this whole past week!! How much for some with poly installed or are you willing to give up your secret? lol

Using gen2 arms requires rear coilovers. There are no poly bushings for gen 1 arms.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

buuut the dorman trailing arms should fit a first gen I thought, in stock form. Is it those arms you converted to poly?

I put polys in mine too, requires some muscle or take to a shop to press out the stock. I think you need coil overs because gen 2 arms are longer than stock.

Hmm I must have missed that part lol I thought all the TRAILING arms were the same length and it was the lateral arms that differed. Man, I gotta get off this crack....

post-2422-14368910438_thumb.jpg

Those are complete junk. Swagged threaded rod should never ever be used on a street car, let alone with that kind of length. That stuff is meant to take load forces straight on, i.e. a 4 link setup on a rwd car, and its onlt suitable for low power cars.

I already stated gen2 dorman arms wont fit a gen 1 unless you run coilpvers. They are longer arms.

I kinda figured he meant lateral arms but I made this thread about the trailing arms. I would like to get these cause they are a good deal for a "stock replacement" but also wondered if poly bushings would fit in these and what would be the part number for that

That is super Uber nice looking rear suspension with new sway bar hangers? where did you get the new hangers? Looks great, by the way!

haven't been on in a bit. those actually aren't new, everything is just sanded down and repainted