sell it, or fix it..... later?

91cutty

I'm having a real hard time deciding whether i should sell my cutty or keep it in storage for a year or two until i have enough money to fix it. The tranny is three-quarters cooked, it will need new suspension, new brakes, and a good paint-job. I'm driving my tercel right now and even though it's a really good car, it just doesn't quite cut it. How much would it cost for a new motor/tranny (3.1/3100/3400)? I hear midnight blue is a pretty rare color, the body only has a little rust, and the interior is in really good shape. I just really love the car and would hate to part with it especially since i think it would be hard to find another w-body in my area like this one.

wow... engine/trans that cheap! cool well it's a definite keeper then! i thought i would be looking at around 1200+!!!!

as for suspension i think i'm gonna go for the ffp coilovers... anyone have any experience with these? good/bad?

I found a 3.1 with 155,000 KM roughly I think for 200 or was it 300 bucks and another 200 for the tranny with it from the same car just look at Junkers and you'll find a good deal, but I'd keep it I got a 89' GP but I like the cutty's 8)

I had a friend several years ago that was selling the whole cradle-- motor, tranny, drivetrain, struts, and tires for $550. Something like that would be a perfect deal. Just roll the old out, roll the new in and bolt up.

Look for the whole thing and be firm about $600 or less.

Thanks for your help and info guys... I'm definitely keeping the car if i can get a motor and tranny that cheap! Now as for those FFP coil-overs... does anyone know the verdict on these things? Have they caused any damage to anyone's stut towers? I would really like to upgrade my suspension while I'm fixing things up, but I don't want to do something that will wreck the car even more than it is already!