Considering Replacing the Wheels

oldsfever

I'm seriously considering replacing the stock rims on the 94 vert. I've tried everything suggested on this forum and I still cannot get them clean enough to make me want to keep them. Does anyone have ideas, suggestions, pictures, etc. I've seen the ones on here that are for sale and I'm not sure they are what I want.

Any ideas will be apprecaiated.

Thanks.

A buddy of mine had his powder coated. IIRC it was about 60 bucks a wheel. They look like brand new.

I had mine chromed about 3-4 years ago at 125 per wheel.

I personally like the "stock" look better then aftermarket. I'm an old school guy.

I normally like the old school too but I just got frustrated trying to get these looking good. I hadn't thought of powder coating them. Might be worth looking into.

Thanks.

Probably time to decide if those are the wheels you want or not - would check some pictures of other member's cars and just get a feel. I switched from 5 spokes to crosslaces and really glad I did - improved appearance without looking blinged out.

Yeah, I'm riding that fence. I've been looking at others and that's what got me thinking about it seriously. I like the cross laces but aren't they hard to keep clean?

I'm really leaning towards the chrome mag type wheel. I had a set of them on another 94 that I had and liked them. I've got to get the money first anyway so I have a couple of weeks to look and decide.

Thanks for the input.

I like the cross laces but aren't they hard to keep clean?Thanks for the input.

Yeah pretty much - brake dust gets in every little spot. The more regularly you clean your vehicle, the less of an issue it is though. I've considered doing the whole black w/ a polished lip look, but that would bring me some unwanted attention from the law. My car is already profiled as a "shit slicker special", basically someone who is up to no good, has drugs, warrants, is a teen, etc. Around here, if you're driving anything that is over 10 years old or less than $20,000 dollars, you are slime of the earth.

crosslaces are awesome when clean, like said not too much 'bling' while still looking good. Mine were professionally refinished, I havent had to much of a problem keeping them clean over the last year.

th_photobucket-2246-1334094511900.jpg

personally I like the factory 5 spoke best. I can spot the wrong wheels from a mile away. I'd look into powder coating. I have a set that were painted before I got them but I'm afraid they'll chip if I use them so they are still in my basement. :confused:

I'm leaning towards the powder coating or chroming. The more I look, the more I like the factory ones that are on it. Plus, I could put that extra money towards a paint job. I don't know but I have a few weeks before I can do anything so I might see something I can't live without. Painted? I can only imagine what those look like.

Thanks for the response.

I'm leaning towards the powder coating or chroming. The more I look, the more I like the factory ones that are on it. Plus, I could put that extra money towards a paint job. I don't know but I have a few weeks before I can do anything so I might see something I can't live without. Painted? I can only imagine what those look like.

Thanks for the response.

olds fever (ron),

we are off to the tms this weekend. we hope to see you at the motel six near the track. our track time is on saturday at 5:40 pm....then party back at motel 6. like to see you....if you can make it.

cheers,

gryfan

Those do look really good. It's an option. What size are they? That's my next decision is what size to put on it.

motel 6

northlake and speedway

13601 raceway drive

northlake tx

1-800-466-8356

cheers,

gryfan

That's good. I don't think I've ever seen painted ones but I may have and didn't know it. I would think they would chip easily too unless they had a lot of clearcoat on them. :thumbsup:

Everyone's sick of my opinion on this, but if you want to do a Cutlass Supreme best, get a set of 5-spokes or Cutlass Sawblades and power-coat white if you have a white vert.

Either that or copy Chinese Matt (much more expensive . . . rougher ride).

Everyone's sick of my opinion on this, but if you want to do a Cutlass Supreme best, get a set of 5-spokes or Cutlass Sawblades and power-coat white if you have a white vert.

Either that or copy Chinese Matt (much more expensive . . . rougher ride).

I've seen the 5 spokes powder coated white but not the sawblades. Has anybody done this to sawblades? If so, any pics?

I like the way they look but so far I think I'm going to stick with the 5 spoke powder coated. A little less flashy and more old school for my speed (old man). I'm liking all this information though. Keep it coming. :thumbsup:

Anybody got a pic of a vert on laces?

I have 17 inch white wheels on my vert. Love em. The ride is absolutely beautiful. It's just tight enough, but has some cushion. The tire size is 235/50s.

Oldsfever check my garage. It's the 94 CSC. Have a ton of pix. I'm on my phone at work right now.

By the way, that vert with the laces is teh sex.