Rear side window adjustment?

DavidHowell3633

After I adjusted the small quarter window toward the outside to fill the gap to the rear window I see that the quarter window was where it should have been and did not need adjustment. It is the rear side window, passenger side, that is too far toward the outside where it meets the quarter window. I remember replacing this window's motor and the clips that slide up and down in the channel. But, I don't recall doing anything to the rear channel. Does anyone know if this is adjustable and if it is accessible by removing the black plastic vent cover in the door jamb?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

It appears, from tearing apart a JY convertible, that the rear glass channel is adjustable after you remove the rear speaker panel, back seat, etc. I loosened the top channel nut and it isn't budging. I squirted PB Blaster- nuthin. Since I have received no replies, I will update this once I succeed.

I am watching to see how this worked out for you. I also have a gap between those two windows on the drivers side only. It's on my list of things to fix/adjust when I get the time. Any advice you can post will be helpful for me.

Will do. Right now my job and knee cartilidge is preventing me from getting into this. I suspect, I will have to remove most of the back seat, panels, etc, just to be able to get to the rear of the back window tracks. My cool AC is going right out the window.