Ever use Black out paint on lights?

pshojo

It's just unnecessary because there's nightshade and if it's done right it looks just as good

Im sorry, Not trying to start a war, But you will never get niteshade to look half as good as clear+Paint mix, and shot by a pro, will not happen.

which will subsequently get dull and hazy because nightshade doesn't have all the UV protection and durability of a good clear-coat.

They do not do this. If you put on a good clear on top and wet sand them like a normal paint job they can look just as good as if they were done in a shop and they will not haze. Mine in the picture above have seen 2 winters, 30000 miles, and countless powerwashes and they still look just as good. They just need to be waxed, like every other part that is painted. If anything they have gotten a bit lighter, but it's barely noticeable.

Im sorry, Not trying to start a war, But you will never get niteshade to look half as good as clear+Paint mix, and shot by a pro, will not happen.

It's all good lol I'll post pics when I redo mine. I agree, you can't get lighter coats of nightshade to look like a pro's work with clean and paint mix, but I'm blacking mine out basically and they look as good as an pro's job that i've seen, just takes time with the sanding and buffing.