Headliner Project on 88 GP SE

Night Fury

HAI!

So I was sick of the headliner touching my head and not being able to see out the rear window, so I replaced the fabric.

Total headliner failure:

SANY0954.jpg

Headliner removed:

SANY0957.jpg

The fabric I'm gonna use:

SANY0958.jpg

Old fabric removed:

SANY0959.jpg

Nasty foam crap removed(coarse steel wool works great):

SANY0960.jpg

Test fits:

SANY0962.jpg

SANY0961.jpg

Gluing process:

SANY0963.jpg

SANY0964.jpg

And a little trimming later... Complete! This project was quite the pain in the ass, namely getting the fabric spread out evenly on GLUE lol.

Please forgive the asstastic angles, it is surprisingly hard to take pics of a headliner, lol.

SANY0968.jpg

SANY0965.jpg

THOUGHTS?!?!?!?

WINRAR

Uh it doesnt gave a domelight?

It has map lights AND a dome light all as one unit. The center light on the overhead console is the dome light and the outer two bulbs can be turned on individually.

I think you are about the only member here who can get away with a fabric like that.

Not my style but looks like a good job.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Oh BTW, this project cost about $20 and only took a couple of hours.

$14 for the 3M spray adhesive, and $6 for the fabric padding that I put on under the patterned fabric.

so you glued the foam to the headliner board, then glued the fabric to the foam? i ask cause my tgp has no headliner at all currently, but i do have the board i removed a year or so ago

I also like the second one.

so you glued the foam to the headliner board, then glued the fabric to the foam? i ask cause my tgp has no headliner at all currently, but i do have the board i removed a year or so ago

It's actually not foam, but a thin fleece remnant I got from walmart, just to make it feel factory and add some thickness. I was just going to glue the fabric to the headliner board, but I felt it would feel cheap and possibly even let in more sound.

Your fabric is FaBuLoUs!!!!

Hope you bought the 3M super 90 spray or you'll be redoing it in the middle of summer!

*Checks can* No? :(

I like teh second one too. i wish that yellow line was red....then it'd be perfect.

Fact.