tgp pricing???

tgpguy21

im looking at buying another tgp. the thing is i dont know how much to even offer this guy. the tranny has been rebuilt and it shifts good. cross over pipe was fixed. the body is in ok condition. the back drivers side bumper has been cracked and bent up alittle. the car has 117,000 on it and runs strong. interior is the tan leather that does has some wear on it. im thinking of trading him my 94 se that has 150,000 and runs perfect. the paint on my car is in pretty good condition. can anyone help with a price for just straight up and a price with trade in on my car???

when i bought my car it was in basically mint condition and had the x-over fixed...some chip work...shortend waste gate rod...my transmissison had also been rebuilt, and a new paint job, but 180,000 miles...i gave $1,300 for it. Its a red 1990 with tan cloth. so id say if he took the trade, give him probably 300-400$ to boot. That would sound resoniable to me. But without the trade probably $2000 if the body and interior looks like little things here and there, and since it runs strong thats definately a plus considering its a TGP :lol:

damn 180,000. how many miles you got on that beast right now??? what all major maitnence have you had to do to it??? yeah the guy said hes not looking at selling it but he said if i made him a good offer he would probably do it. i hate to see the way he takes care of that car so i had to ask if hed be willing to sell it.. thanks for the info.

One thing Cory *Opts* to leave out every time he tells you how many miles it has on it are that he bought it off of someone that worked at Muncie Dragway :lol: That rounds out to about 720,000 1/4 mile passes. :shock: :lol: :wink:

true true :lol: you got me there, but one thing i did find out recently was that the top end had been rebuilt 5,000 miles ago. :) and the transmission 1,000 :) But your right...why tell people what they dont need to know JK. All the major maitnence was done before i got it. I went to school with the kid who owned it before me and his cousin is the one with the Black TGP jay has seen. I grew up around him and his family and that is why i bought the car even tho it had 180,000. They have a bloodline of TGP's and they all have been MINT.

I'm thinking of hitting the strip for the last night next sunday. Any idea of what will be going on? I can't find any info, and I don't really want to go run w/ a bunch of 7 second cars. :lol: If you could find out what's going on/how much to enter/when to be there etc... that would be awesome. The site says NOTHING about it. Just this:

NOVEMBER

2 (Sun) FINAL 2003 Race. 80% Minimum Payback

So ya, I got no idea, except I want to run this thing in it's current :oops: :roll: :cry: :bawl: "form" (If you can call it that) Before I put it down for the winter to ressurect it. So if you could find out that would be awesome. Heck, come watch me make a fool outta myself. :lol:

yeah ill give scott a call he should know whats going on then ill get back with ya'. If you do run ill be there to see what times you get, or to see if you look like a fool, either one would be interesting :lol: jk.

I saw a red 1990 TGP for sale at a used car dealership Idaho Falls, Idaho, for $1,695. It allegedly has less than 100,000 miles. It looks a little rough (hood doesn't quite fit right, worn leather interior, and scratches here and there). I spoke with the salesman and he said someone had bought the car about a month ago, drove it for one day, it didn't run well, so they brought it back. The dealership replaced something like an O2 sensor and the car ran just fine after that. If anyone is interested in the car, I'll get the phone number of the dealer. It's the least I can do for my TGP homies!

I spoke with the salesman and he said someone had bought the car about a month ago, drove it for one day, it didn't run well, so they brought it back. The dealership replaced something like an O2 sensor and the car ran just fine after that. If anyone is interested in the car, I'll get the phone number of the dealer. It's the least I can do for my TGP homies!

Can someone say bad crossover.