Wheel Spacer Question

3pt1lumina

I bought a set of 05 Impala 16" wheels that I want to use on my 90 Lumina. I know that 2nd Gen wheels will not fit on a first gen without spacers on the front wheels to fit over calipers. I have a couple of questions on what I need to get for a successful install.

-What spacers do I need size wise?

-Do I need to extend the lugs? If so, by how far?

-Where do I get them? Ebay? Someone here have extras they'd like to sell?

Pic of said wheels, although mine are painted not polished like what's below.

wheel-1.jpg

1" bolt on spacers all around will do the trick.

No need for longer studs.

Buy them from anywhere but China.

IMG00554-20111106-1458.jpg

Edited by GOT2B GM

That looks amazing. Do you remember where you bought yours? I did a quick search on Ebay but I didn't seem to find anything...unless I wasn't looking for the right thing.

That looks amazing. Do you remember where you bought yours? I did a quick search on Ebay but I didn't seem to find anything...unless I wasn't looking for the right thing.

I bought mine on ebay.

wherever you buy them can you post a link, I'm looking for some too.

I have some that go inbetween the rim and the hub but not the bolt on kind, not sure if they would be wide enough for you though :think:

I have no idea? I'm going to keep searching. If anyone sees a link for them please post it. And if I find any I'll post them here to get your approval before I buy the wrong thing.

Will one inch work for my back ones? MY laces sit too far in on the back. I think alot has to do with the 96 up front struts. My 93 doesnt seem to stick out this bad.

2011SepDayton038.jpg

Also i have to figure a way to lift the rear a little. i was thinking of splitting a monoleaf block, and adhesive them to the pucks at the leaf.

that is what you're looking for I believe, assuming you want them spaced 1 or 1.5 inches etc, be sure you get 5 x 115 to 5 x 115.

Do you know how far you need to push the rims out? if it's not far I can just send you my spacers

that is what you're looking for I believe, assuming you want them spaced 1 or 1.5 inches etc, be sure you get 5 x 115 to 5 x 115.

Do you know how far you need to push the rims out? if it's not far I can just send you my spacers

I have no idea how far they need to be pushed out. I get the car out of storage on 4/15 so I'll test fit then and see how far they need to come out. How wide are the spacers you have?

I bought longer studs at the parts store... They were dirt cheap too... But I had to hammer out my old studs and install them which was time consuming... Then I added 1.5 inch non bolt on spacers to clear the front brakes, same can be done for the rear

You can kinda see the spacer here

DSC05312.jpg

Edited by AL

Honestly I am not interested in replacing the studs. If I can't do it without I'll sell the newer style wheels and use the ones I was originally going to use. The only reason I bought them was because they were a good deal and in nice shape.