mazdamx640

I've heard that you can swap a f40 transmission into a wbody and would like to do that to my intrigue 3.8L but cant realy find out much about the swap i try'd to look it up and it wont bring anything up. has anyone done this swap what parts would i need?

I've heard that you can swap a f40 transmission into a wbody and would like to do that to my intrigue 3.8L but cant realy find out much about the swap i try'd to look it up and it wont bring anything up. has anyone done this swap what parts would i need?

I've heard its quite a good amount of fabrication and that its significantly easier to just swap in a Getrag 282.

It's been done, with lots of cutting and welding. Also, you need to have custom axles made, and the one person I have heard of that did the swap had issues finding axles that didn't suck.

A member on here did it to his '95 GTP. I believe gpchris is his username.

Yeah, that's the other one. He's pretty secretive about how to do the swap though.

Yeah, that's the other one. He's pretty secretive about how to do the swap though.

Yep. A Getrag 282 would be the way I would go. Easiest way to get a manual trans in a w-body.

• 2 years later...

Actually i pmed him a while back and he was VERY forthcoming telling everything involved, specs and where to buy axles, and even offered to sell me some spare parts :)

Actually i pmed him a while back and he was VERY forthcoming telling everything involved, specs and where to buy axles, and even offered to sell me some spare parts :)

Care to share any of those details. I wish that guy would do some sort of showcase thread or something.

Take a few days for me to dig it up but sure :)

Care to share any of those details. I wish that guy would do some sort of showcase thread or something.

chris seems to delete or move all of his photobucket photos every once in a while.... when they're present in a thread older than ~6 months, i'm amazed.

Yeah i was planning on doing a how to thread when i did the swap, and yes with pics ;)

Thanks, I'd really appreciate it. We need that kind of info around these parts.