seat interchange

brake

thanks! my seats are decent enough but they're kind of worn and they no longer stay locked in the upright position on their own (you don't need to push the lever at the bottom of the seat to lean it forward)

did the sedans get bench seats?

The seat moving forward without pulling the lever is actually how the first gen seats are

Some sedans got a bench seat, but you may need to convert to column shift if thats the case

Oh, cool, didn't know that about the seats. I would take a bench seat and column shifter any day of the week but that sounds like a fuck ton of work I don't really need to do :D

I'm assuming I would need to swap steering columns, shifter linkages, seats, and modify the center console? It sounds like it would be kinda fun if it wasn't my daily driver :D

I'm guessing the sedans didn't have bench seats that could tilt forward either, so my rear seats might not be accessible. Even so....I like column shifters and bench seats enough to be seriously considering this, given how many W body sedans are around here (lots and lots of wimpalas)

Edited by brake

GP coupes up to 1993 (maybe later) could have a bench...

I'd have a hell of a time finding one. I know of one other 96 that I'm trying to get ahold of (owner is wishy washy about getting rid of it) that has better seats than my own, so I'll probably just end up going with that.

• 2 months later...