How much time on a tranny rebuild???

dkorinko

Hey guys, sorry to bring up my whole tranny thing again but i was just wondering how long it took someone to get a tranny rebuilt on a TGP??? I dropped my car off on monday and they are telling me the middle of next week and since they say they are not open on saturday and sunday i guess that would be about 8 days...is that good??? Originally they told me i would have it back tomorrow but now they say that it is a much harder/bigger job then they thought, and they are complaining about the turbo and how they have to take off all shit for it. What pisses me off is that I made it very clear what the car was and how rare it was and they still insisted that it would be done on thursday, so i told work i would be good for the weekends and now i am without a ride to work. It just pisses me off how people dont listen ya know?? They always have to find out for themselves to believe anything. Sorry, just had to vent a little bit there! :evil:

With all that power your car's making, don't rush them and pray they do it right. I had a rebuilt tranny in my previous TGP and had no problems with it during the 3 years I drove it. Hope you have good luck too or a great quality shop. I actually bought that TGP from the trans shop when the owner wouldn't pay because SHE was just making payments and couldn't afford the $1600 rebuild.

Yeah I definately want it done right, which is why i had this guy do it, he is a friend of a friend and has been in business for over 25 years. So i guess he is pretty trusted. I seriously hope EVERYTHING turns out ok, i dont want to have to post any horror stories on here about how a tranny rebuild turned into a 5000 dollar nightmare. I will keep everyone posted as to what is going on!