• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Z34guy

• 94 olds vert

• GOT2B GM

• White93z34

Check the wiring to the CTS... when I did the head gaskets on my Cavalier I forgot to plug in the CTS and I got that same code. If the wiring looks good then for some extra assurance that is the problem test the CTS should be 2-6k ohms at room temperature. (Should have SUPER high ohms if its bad, like 20k+)

Never did update for yesterday, did I?

Anyways, we went about trying to find the exhaust leak. Found it, and tried everything we can think of to stop it... eh, we can always try again tomorrow. We also found a vacuum line pinched behind the engine... which was fun trying to get out. We ended up calling Tina (New girl) to help get it because she has the smallest hands and can fit her entire arm behind the motor while it's in the car!. Idles smoother now, but still that exhaust leak and cooling fan problems. I'm ecstatic it drives under it's own power. No more pushing it in or out of the shop!

020112083858.jpg

020112083905.jpg

020112085528.jpg

th_020112091436.jpg

020112092651.jpg

th_020112095125.jpg

020112123657.jpg

first 2 pics is where we found the exhaust leak. can ya guess where it is based on the photos?

Edited by Z34guy

Also, sometimes the ball and socket (the ball is the rear manifold , and the socket is the DP) wears as the engine rocks back and forth over the years, wearing the metal out on the socket of the DP, causing an exhaust leak.

We ended up calling Tina (New girl) to help get it because she has the smallest hands and can fit her entire arm behind the motor while it's in the car!.

LOL, This is my unofficial job at work. I keep telling the techs I'm going to start charging them $20 to hook up an AC machine to a PT cruiser. I'm the only one who can get my skinny arm down to the high pressure port.