• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White93z34

• BXX

• rich17

• jman093

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a FYI Chris, since you have both arms adjustable, you will need to find a very competent alignment tech who can go into and be able to look at the diagnostic angles and interpret them right so he can correct axle centerline offset, i.e. wheelbase offset based off vehicle centerline. An eyeball isnt good enough to keep the car from dogtracking. Anything over .4 degrees will seriously affect stability and drivability.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

the wheelbase is not modified, the only adjustable angle the rear currently has is toe, no camber, no caster.

Edited by White93z34

Yes and no. In a general sense where you set the front arms to stock length, it wasnt. But the real world, if one arm is set even 1/10th of an inch longer, you screwed up the geometry and now the wheelbase is offset.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I think I see what you are saying, I have instructions for the guy to call me, if he is not confident that he can get it, I'll have him get it off the rack and i'll find someone who can.

What would one do about an Aux. spring? (figure 8 rubber looking thing on the rear lat link)

discard them. A heavier than stock swaybar will make up the difference.

and yes, uneven lengths side to side will be a problem.

for the Aux spring? or for the lateral link?

If it were me I'd just remove the aux spring, and then remove the strut mounted bracket next time you do struts.

lateral link bolts thread back into the knuckle just the same as they came out.

I wasn't sure if the aux spring held on anything that may be important if it was removed. I guess it doesn't.

Nope, Not entirely sure what their purpose is, actually. I messed with them once on a Cutlass during a rear strut change. But none of my Luminas or Grand Prix have ever had them in the first place. Heck I even have the spiffy Kent-Moore tool to compress them that I've never had an excuse to use.

Well got a call from the alignment shop as little bit ago, says he should have no problem aligning it right. I'll post the alignment specs when I get them.

Edited by White93z34

• 2 weeks later...

Are the gen 2 lateral links steel or aluminum? I've got to replace my leaf soon and would like to replace the lateral links and trailing arms at the same time. My biggest issue is getting the old leaf out and the new one back in without the spring compressor.